Talk

Advanced search

Storing things instead of getting rid immediately

(2 Posts)
prettygirlincrimsonrose Thu 16-Mar-17 23:33:53

Hopefully planning to move house this year. Need to do a few jobs to get house looking a bit better, but also decided to put some things in storage to help keep house tidy. Bought some boxes and already packed up three (and a couple of bags). Because I'm not actually getting rid of things, found it easy to pack away things I can do without for a few months. Some things are seasonal and definitely won't be getting rid, but there was a difference between things I definitely wanted to keep at home and what I was happy to store (maybe it was the whole sparking joy thing). Problem is I think if I open boxes to actually get rid of things now, I'll want to keep them, whereas in a few months it'll be clearer if I've missed things or not. How silly is it to pay to store things I may then donate/throw away in a few months?

MusicToMyEars800 Thu 16-Mar-17 23:40:54

you have got to be absolutely brutal when it comes to sorting and getting rid, ask yourself am I really going to need/use this, I adopted this attitude and have gotten rid of so much junk because of it. and you will save money on storage in the long run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now