Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you use e-cloths/mops or similar...

(11 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 16-Mar-17 22:43:45

..please share how you wash them?

I know the instructions say to wash with little or no detergent, and no softener - some people have also mentioned them saying not to wash with other things, but I don't remember mine saying that(?).

But... I can't bring myself to run a whole wash just for a tiny handful of cloths, so up till now I have just bunged them in with normal loads (and with softener!) - they still seem to clean well though so I wasn't too bothered. But have now got one of the e-cloth mops and I don't want to wreck it, so not sure what to do.

So I'm curious, do other people genuinely do a whole separate wash just for these? Or do you break the rules too, and if so, have you found it causes problems?

MoreThanUs Thu 16-Mar-17 22:45:10

Softener reduces absorbancy, so I would stop using that.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 16-Mar-17 23:10:36

Thanks More - what do you do instead though? Do you put them in with your normal wash but skip the softener? Or do a separate wash but then with almost nothing in (which doesn't seem very "eco")?

DispatchReady Fri 17-Mar-17 07:51:02

I do mine with towels and I use white vinegar rather than fabric conditioner - they go on a hot temp and seem to be fine.

hairymuffet Fri 17-Mar-17 09:42:53

I just wash them in with everything else blush

GrubbyWindows Fri 17-Mar-17 10:15:49

Mine go in with the nappy wash. When we were between bottoms I was at a loss and ended up just rinsing then out in the sink really really well (it was just 4 months). I debated putting them in with the tea towels but didn't like the thought too much somehow. And my towels are miraculously still nice and white so I am very precious about only putting pure white things in with them.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Mon 20-Mar-17 22:49:49

Thanks all! Sounds like I can probably get away with still doing them with other things most of the time - I use much less softener than recommended anyway (just to be "green" and as it still seems to come out fine) so hopefully should be OK.

Also it occurred to me that I could probably put them in when I do my occasional maintenance wash - hot wash with not too much detergent (as I found out it all bubbles out of the drawer if I put too much in when it's empty) and no softener, should be about right!

FreeTibet Tue 21-Mar-17 13:53:21

I do mine with towels too and vinegar instead of softener. I hadn't ever heard of not using so much detergent but I don't overdo that anyway.

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 21-Mar-17 14:42:31

I have bought enough to do a 1/2 wash with them from B&M or £land and they sit in a bucket in the utility room until I've run out. They get washed with a bit of bio powder and no softener.

NannyR Tue 21-Mar-17 14:46:56

Mine just go in with my normal wash, I don't use any fabric softener anyway and I only use the cloths once before washing so they aren't that dirty.

bec3105 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:53:13

I wash mine with a cap full of zoflora in the fabric conditioner drawer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now