Talk

Advanced search

Can't make/change a bed to save my life

(9 Posts)
LorLorr2 Thu 16-Mar-17 18:58:27

..i mean, I do try. But I hate when the time comes to put a new sheet on- I feel like I spend ages going round all the sides tucking it in, then it still looks crumpled, sad and comes loose in the night.
Has anyone found any tricks that help make it easier to do alone and look/stay put better? Or do some of us just not have 'the knack' grin?
I remember my grandma making her bed look hotel-worthy so not sure why I'm so incompetent!

RedBugMug Thu 16-Mar-17 19:01:38

...lowering standards definitly helps grin

it's not a show room, it's a bedroom.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Thu 16-Mar-17 19:03:33

Fitted sheets. I'm not proud - life's too short for perfect hospital corners.

LorLorr2 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:13:43

Hahaa, trust me my standards are rather low but I would thought I must be missing some sort of obvious tip grin

QuiteLikely5 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:15:11

Fitted sheets all the way!!!

Chasingsquirrels Thu 16-Mar-17 19:19:25

I didn't know people didn't use fitted or valance sheets any more. Plus a duvet. Sorted.

Ecureuil Thu 16-Mar-17 19:20:22

Everyone uses fitted sheets nowadays, surely?? 30 seconds to put on, never comes loose...

winefixesall Sat 25-Mar-17 23:25:57

I can do hospital corners and get the sheet flat and tight and stays put for weeks (I'm a nurse) but fitted sheets all the way. Why wouldn't you? And learn to fold them the Kon Mari way and they fold like flat sheets.

Genius46 Sun 26-Mar-17 16:37:35

Make a bed? Just screw pallets together; cover with foam, canvas, valence, fitted sheets, pillows, duvet, spread; change every 2/3 days. Done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now