Which volume plastic box for washing powder?

(5 Posts)
ChipmunkSundays Wed 15-Mar-17 20:07:01

Our washing powder is getting damp inside its cardboard box so I need to get a plastic tub to keep it in, maybe a cereal dispenser style one. I don't have anything to hand right now that I can use to measure the volume of 3kg of washing powder (given that all the boxes are measured in litres), so I'm not sure how big a box I need. Does anyone know? Most of the ones I've seen in the shops like the IKEA 365 one look too small.

PolterGoose Wed 15-Mar-17 20:14:27

Mine is 7 litre and it will take a 40 wash box of powder easily. It's not fully airtight so I won't recommend it, but this 9 litre Lock and Lock is good and is what I use for flour.

ChipmunkSundays Thu 16-Mar-17 07:50:23

Thanks, Poltergoose (love the name!). Can I ask what weight your 40 wash box of powder is?

e1y1 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:44:21

Ah just done this myself.

The 40 wash boxes are 3.2kg - you can get almost (but not quite) 2 of these into a 7 litre box.

If you buy the 80 wash boxes, they're around 4.5kg - so a 8-10L needed.

And the 100 wash boxes are 6.5kg, so will need at least a 15 litre box.

PolterGoose Fri 17-Mar-17 19:49:55

Beaten to it smile

It's worth buying a bigger tub than the usual size box of powder you buy so you can top it up before it's empty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now