Talk

Advanced search

Cordless vacuum

(6 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Mon 13-Mar-17 09:49:29

Hello,
If you have a cordless do you still keep the old vacuum for deep cleaning? And are the cordless good on all floors? And which would you recommend?
I absolutely hate vacuuming and am looking for a life changing appliance grin
Thanks in advance.

Orangebird69 Mon 13-Mar-17 09:52:12

I keep looking at cordless vacuums but the running time always puts me off. I've got a small 3 bed cottage. Just me and ds, no pets. But when I vacuum, I vacuum. HARD! I know it'll run out of charge before I'm done. Then I won't be able to relax until it's recharged and ready to go again. confused

PossumInAPearTree Mon 13-Mar-17 09:53:01

I love my dyson v6. Still got the sebo but I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace the sebo if it broke. I hate it compared to the cordless. Dh doesn't like the cordless and reckons the sebo picks up more. He is of course wrong. But I guess if you had a wall knocked down or something you might need a non cordless vacuum.

PossumInAPearTree Mon 13-Mar-17 09:54:48

I bet you wouldn't run out of charge. The dyson has a trigger switch so it's only on when you're pressing it. So if you're moving chairs around, moving to a different room you're not wasting the battery. I'm ok in a three bed (large) semi. And the v8 has an even better battery life.

Stressmess Mon 13-Mar-17 10:00:28

I too have the Dyson V6 and love it. I still have an old corded dyson which I use to do my stairs with though. I use my Dyson V6 on tiled and wooden floors. It is great for when you have children and a pet which I do for a quick tidy up.

I have taken the notion to do a bit of spring cleaning today and am using my Dyson V6 collapsed down with the small nozzle head and have taken all the cushions of the settee and hovered and have also down behind the settee on the skirting boards so I would say that it is a great all rounder. Also my Mum was so impressed with mine that she went out and bought one for herself.

Tobuyornot99 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:50:36

Thank you all for the comments. The V6 is on special in Curry's at ten moment, I might splash out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now