Talk

Advanced search

Indesit washer/dryer broken - worth fixing?

(4 Posts)
runner2 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:01:26

It is less than 3 years old but has worked hard... Today it was making a v strange noise as soon as switched on and I had to go out so not sure what happened next but...when I got back it had moved, obviously quite violently! Base bracket had come off at one side, the dispenser drawer was open...aarrghh! Indesit/Hotpoint should be calling tomorrow to arrange engineer visit but we will have to pay for that, so DH and I are sitting here wandering whether we should just call it quits and buy a new machine. Any thoughts, please? confused

runner2 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:19:37

Oops! Sorry, meant wondering, not wandering...! smile

e1y1 Sun 12-Mar-17 19:56:30

Personally, I would yes.

I know it is mentioned a lot, but appliances are just not built to last now. Also, Indesit are not renowned for excellent build quality/reliability. 3 years under heavy use (especially for a washer/dryer combo) is very good.

The issue you may have, is you pay the call out, parts and labour charges now (which is most likely going to be at least half the cost of a new machine) and then 6 months down the line, it breaks again. Whereas a new one will come with at least a 12 months warranty, some much longer (my current one has a 5 year all in warranty).

I know it is very bad for the envinroment to keep replacing stuff, and I do feel bad about it, but it seems to be the way now.

runner2 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:04:13

Thanks for that advice - everything you said was what I was thinking! Have ordered a new machine now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now