Talk

Advanced search

Method washing gel

(19 Posts)
WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 09:04:39

It's in special offer for £5 for a massive bottle in my local Tesco at the moment so tried it out. One small drop on a bloodstain on DH's white shirt collar and a small capful into the drum. Fab results - bloodstain gone, gorgeous lingering scent without the 'chemical' trademark smell We're all used to.

And I don't work for them! Passing it on before the inevitable price rise which is why I've bought 4 bottles

WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 09:13:40

*on

Clairerandallfraserthe1st Sun 12-Mar-17 09:23:42

I was just thinking this about five minutes ago as I put a wash on. I bought the massive bottle for £5 and I'm very impressed. Only a small amount needed and the smell is very delicate. Will be buying again.

WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 09:50:55

Glad I'm not the only one Claire.
I've bought 3 out of the 4 fragrance options. I reckon a bottle will last and last so pretty good value for £5.

I'm guessing it'll go up to at least £8?

wowfudge Sun 12-Mar-17 10:08:33

A word of warning about liquid detergent generally - they don't contain the bleaching agents powder does which means they don't clean your machine as thoroughly and it may quickly get smelly.

WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 13:34:20

Ah ok Wow, good advice.

Is it worth running a really hot cycle now and again with something to help clean the machine?

May09Bump Sun 12-Mar-17 15:08:07

Thanks, we usually use the fresh air normal version - so have order the new ones to try!

dementedpixie Sun 12-Mar-17 15:10:50

Cold water would have got the blood out too! Method is not chemical free

WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 15:20:30

No, I don't reckon it is demented but for me, it doesn't have that cloying scent of other mainstream brands.

wowfudge Sun 12-Mar-17 16:33:24

Yes Moth - washing towels at a high temp with powder once a week will probably do.

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sun 12-Mar-17 16:34:23

I've just stocked up on their whole range after trying the hand wash, it all smells amazing and isn't as harsh as many cleaning products.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 12-Mar-17 16:36:32

I tried one a couple of years ago and the fragrance was so cloying and unpleasant I had to throw it away. Wish there were more unfragranced options.

LawrenceSMarlow Sun 12-Mar-17 16:52:09

I looked at this (also on offer in Tesco smile) but I couldn't tell if it was bio or non-bio, am I just being really dim?
Recently moved from the old style method liquid to ecover bio powder, mainly because I couldn't find the big refill packs of method (presumably because they were about to roll this new one out).

WelshMoth Sun 12-Mar-17 17:24:49

Whoknows I bought their bathroom cleaner and it wasn't pleasant. I only ever buy their stuff on special offer - it isn't cheap, is it?

AverysillyoldHector Sun 12-Mar-17 17:32:32

Splosh products are a good alternative to Method.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 12-Mar-17 18:17:01

I don't mind the bathroom spray, it's not the nicest but you only smell it for a few moments as you clean, whereas laundry detergents are on your clothes and bed linen and there's no escaping it. I love their almond fragranced floor cleaner though.

antimatter Sun 12-Mar-17 20:20:05

I've been using Method's washing up liquid for over 5 years, It doesn't dry my hands and is IMHO very economical. I would not use another product unless they change it drastically.
We've been using their soaps too. I like that one which disposes lather.

wowfudge Sun 12-Mar-17 20:55:02

It's a bio as the ingredients include enzymes on Tesco website.

bluebump Sun 12-Mar-17 21:02:26

I picked up one too, such a good offer. I love Method stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now