Talk

Advanced search

Any tips or suggestions welcome

(3 Posts)
pinkiepie1 Sat 11-Mar-17 19:44:42

I think I've ruined my hallway carpet...
So what's happened is dd was sick, then dog was sick then wee'd on bottom on the stairs carpet, so I got flash with febreeze and scrubbed and scrubbed then all I could smell was sick so scubbed some more... Then it made me feel really dirty (suffer from OCD) so used vanish carpet spray, it said wait until dry or 2hrs but 6hrs later it was still wet so hoovered it any way, then it just smelt like peroxide so sprayed febreeze which is wet and only worked for a few mins, so then went back over it with neutoair vac powder thing.... But now the smell is unbelievable....
Is there any salvaging it or should I just pull it up and buy a new piece of carpet??
Any tips or anything will be appreciated
Thanks xx

wowfudge Sat 11-Mar-17 21:17:21

Urgh - sounds horrible. Try a solution of bio washing powder with warm water, but try the make sure the area is as dry as possible before you use it or it'll get diluted. Stamping on a folded towel over the area is very effective. The enzymes in the washing powder should work on the smell.

Alternatively, Simple Solution do a pet stain and odour removing product which you can get from pet shops that really works. Not cheap though.

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 21:21:16

Biological washing powder. Make into a paste and spread all over the stain. Work it in with a damp cloth or scrubbing brush. Let it sit for and hour or two. The rinse rinse rinse until it's all out. Then spray with white vinegar with some citrus oil in it. Allow the area to dry. If still whiffy sprinkle bicarbonate of soda on it and work in with dry brush. Leave over night. Hoover next day. If still whiffy, repeat from beginning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now