Talk

Advanced search

Cleaner for 2.5 hrs - what's realistic?

(3 Posts)
thisgirlrides Sat 11-Mar-17 15:43:19

I'm seriously excited to be getting a cleaner but would like to be able to give clear & realistic instructions about what I need in the 3 hours she's here. I'm hoping she won't need 3 hours for cleaning as she's happy to do ironing and bigger cleaning jobs (windows, fridge/oven cleaning etc) if time permits.

So, house has decent rooms but not many of them - 3 beds, 1 bath, kitchen / diner & living room + wc, hall & landing. I think it's c1,200sqft if that helps! Downstairs all wood floors then stairs & upstairs carpet plus fully tiled bathrooms. We don't have huge amounts of clutter (but have kids so not exactly minimalist!) and all floors & surfaces will be clear so it's just cleaning rather than tidy first then clean. Is this realistic in 2 hours:

Vacuum entire house; mop downstairs + bathroom; decent clean of bathroom + WC inc wiping shelves & wall tiles, wall fixtures etc; Light dust throughout inc Tv cabinet & kitchen dresser. Wipe down kitchen.

Timefor2 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:52:40

I think that's realistic, our cleaner does very similar in two hours. I'd say I get a maintenance clean for two hours a week ie I do very little cleaning in between as it looks ok (for my low standards!) one week to the next but I do have to deep clean every month or two as the skirting boards, radiators, windows aren't done. Also mopping gets the top layer off but a two hour a week clean doesn't leave me with a spotless floor. Hope that helps?

thisgirlrides Sat 11-Mar-17 16:31:42

Yes thanks it does. I do a cursory hoover most days (cat hair & small child debris) & will still need to do a quick mop in the kitchen/diner in between at least once or twice so it's not totally scummy but it's just knowing the bathroom is clean & the rest of the house doesn't get forgotten as it does now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now