Talk

Advanced search

I am pathetically excited.

(28 Posts)
ZilphasHatpin Fri 10-Mar-17 21:44:09

I have saved up and forked out for a new duvet and a new dunlopillo (never had one before), I also got new duvet cover, pillow cases and sheets. I've washed the duvet and pillow and the covers and sheets are in the machine right now. I can't wait for tomorrow night to get into my brand new cloud of comfort and have the best night's sleep of my life. I will be disgusted if that doesn't happen grin

BuffyFan Fri 10-Mar-17 21:52:46

The whole lot in one go? I'd be excited too. I mean clean sheets day is a bit enough deal as it is grin

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 10-Mar-17 21:56:20

I had a dirty lousiana burger from KFC today, I know how you feel.

NinjaPosse Fri 10-Mar-17 21:57:30

Happy new dunlopillo day. They are wonderful!

ImperialBlether Fri 10-Mar-17 21:57:42

Did you wash the duvet and pillow or just the covers?

wowfudge Fri 10-Mar-17 22:18:23

You've washed a brand new duvet and pillow?

ZilphasHatpin Fri 10-Mar-17 22:20:23

I had a dirty lousiana burger from KFC today, I know how you feel.

grin

Yes I washed the brand new ones. I work in a homewares store, believe me, you'd be washing your new stuff too if you saw how stuff is stored and handled before it's sold!

ImperialBlether Sat 11-Mar-17 16:36:33

But aren't they sold wrapped in plastic?

fulloffunreally Sat 11-Mar-17 16:43:32

Why wash the new stuff??? Surely it's all packaged and clean. That's a bit meh and ocd perhaps?

This is news to me, what have I been doing wrong for so many years. Even though we are still here and kicking!

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 17:34:52

Yes they are wrapped in plastic, but not sealed. They are just zipped plastic covers. I've seen enough to know that means sod all in terms of how clean your "new" stuff is.

Not sure what "meh" means in the context of washing bedding confused but OCD is an actual condition. Its not a description of behaviour. You wouldn't say "that's a bit schizophrenia" would you?

fulloffunreally Sat 11-Mar-17 17:39:06

@Zilphas

No need to be sniffy.

I bet most people who buy new bedding just put it on the flippin bed!

I know about OCD, but honestly if you know about that condition you cannot think my comment wrt NEW bedding still in the wrapper is out of turn. I was not trying to be smart BTW.

fulloffunreally Sat 11-Mar-17 17:40:51

Who knew that NEW bedding needs to be washed first.

There should be a health warning on the packaging if so!

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 11-Mar-17 17:40:54

No I don't think most people would wash new bedding. Enjoy it anyway.

CatsBatsEars Sat 11-Mar-17 17:43:20

I always wash new bedding so its softer. Sounds lovely, enjoy smile

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 17:46:36

New bedding doesn't need to be washed first confused I wash mine because I have a fair idea where it's been before I bought it. I really don't care what other people do with theirs, I don't sleep in theirs.

Your comment was out of turn.

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 17:48:21

Anyway, bedding is all clean, (Entirely, all of it, even the NEW stuff) and on the bed ready for tonight. Going to have a long soak in the tub and have the best nights sleep ever.

fulloffunreally Sat 11-Mar-17 17:50:17

Ah Zilphas.

Don't be annoyed with me please. I was just making what to me was a sensible comment about not needing to wash things you have just bought and paid for new, in a package.

We don't all have insider information. But we are still here!

Happy Saturday anyway.

orenisthenewblack Sat 11-Mar-17 17:51:37

I wash new bed linen otherwise it's stiff and smells of nothing.

What's a dunillow thingymebob?

Cheerybigbottom Sat 11-Mar-17 17:52:45

I don't know what a dunlopillo is, I feel like I've missed something.

However I can say I always wash new bedding before use, they have loose threads, are usually starched and creased and I just think they are cleaner after. I washed new face cloths on Thursday, dipped one in sink to wash son's face on Friday and the water immediately turned blue. I wonder if new bedding would be the same.

TheCatsWhiskers Sat 11-Mar-17 17:54:28

I always wash new bedding, I do have OCD but don't consider that as an OCD behaviour.

Anyway OP, I hope you enjoy your bedding.

I have a new spice drawer and am going to enjoy organising my spices whilst listening to the radio.

I'm easily pleased!

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 17:55:40

Dunlopillo are expensive pillows that I have been assured by MN are the dogs Wotsits grin they're latex and very heavy. I shall report back tomorrow on it!

fulloffunreally Sat 11-Mar-17 17:56:18

@TheCats.

That's the spirit.

Enjoy the spicy radio!

Frouby Sat 11-Mar-17 17:56:39

I always wash new bedding. Otherwise it smells of plastic wrapper.

I luffs new bedding day. It's my favourite thing ever. I have to make sure all of upstairs is sparkly clean and I have to have a lovely bath and shave my legs and moisturise and everything. Dp usually gets optimistic at all the prep but obviously itnis for the new beddings benefit not his.

ZilphasHatpin Sat 11-Mar-17 17:58:40

Dp usually gets optimistic at all the prep but obviously itnis for the new beddings benefit not his.

grin

TupperwareTat Sat 11-Mar-17 18:00:31

I hope they are as comfy as they say.

Send them to me rewashed if you dont like them please.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now