Talk

Advanced search

Where did you find your cleaner and what is a reasonable rate?

(6 Posts)
ednabuckett Fri 10-Mar-17 20:09:12

We're thinking of getting a cleaner. I've had a quote from a local company who have a minimum clean of 3 hours at £75 hmm which is waaaay too much ££ to consider.

Anyway.. I've asked around and have a couple of recommendations at about £10-12 per hour (I'm in Kent) but am a bit anxious. We'll never be here when they come to clean as we both work full time - which is why I approached a company first so I know they are insured etc.

Those of you that had a cleaner, how did you find them? If you don't mind sharing, how much do you pay and what do you have done?

BackforGood Fri 10-Mar-17 23:02:59

Personal recommendation definitely. By using an agency you are paying a fee on top of what the cleaner gets.

I'm in Birmingham and pay £10 an hour. My cleaner does 2hours a week for me.

Autumnchill Fri 10-Mar-17 23:13:38

Ours is a friend who set up her own company and we pay £24 for 3 hours. Love coming home on a Friday when she's been

thisgirlrides Sat 11-Mar-17 15:27:23

Also in Kent and just been trying to find a cleaner & recommendations from friends came in at £12-13ph plus an agency one at £15ph. Most seem to want minimum 3 hours

mon73g1 Wed 15-Mar-17 17:31:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Uberfluffs Fri 17-Mar-17 19:31:56

In London, and have had both agency and independent cleaners. Agency cleaners seem to leave fairly quickly though because they're all on minimum wage and treated pretty shittily, while independent cleaners are a bit more motivated and seem happier because they're more in control.

All seem to charge something between £10-£12, but the agencies cream about 1/3 off the top and don't seem to add a lot of value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now