Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your cleaning regime

(44 Posts)
Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 13:56:43

I need inspiration!
The house is a tip and it feels like a neverending struggle to just keep up with the tidying, never mind wiping Lenor on the radiators and cleaning the dishwasher with vinegar shock
So when do you do your cleaning?
Do you do little and often, or a weekend blitz?
And how do you split tasks amongst your household?
Help me MN!

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 13:59:26

I have four things I do daily (on a tick off sheet) - a load of laundry, a 15 min blitz tidy, clear down the kitchen after dinner and prep clothes/uniforms for tomorrow.

Then I have another list of jobs with enough boxes after it for the month. So "change bedsheets" has two boxes as I do that twice. "Big shop" has four boxes as that is weekly.

I leave the list somewhere I can easily see it, and when I can I pick something off it and do it. Often these are little things and I find myself doing 2 or 3 and get a little buzz when I tick them off.

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:00:52

My March one needs attention seeing as its the 10th already

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:05:08

I love this!
My DH will think I've lost the plot entirely. In fact he may well want to divorce me rather than submit to using it.
But I love the coloured in boxes, so much more dedicated than a tick. smile

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:08:06

He smirks at my BUJO so he'll have a field day with this

Blossomdeary Fri 10-Mar-17 14:15:23

Cleaning regime....er......what is this?

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:17:22

Its in my Bujo. Dh thinks im bonkers too having one but it keeps me on track!

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:18:28

Oh and I may appear a minger as Ive yet to vac through but ive wooden floors which are swept every day.

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:22:30

Blossomdeary I know, I can hardly believe myself. But things have got bad...

The day I discovered Bullet journaling was like an epiphany Napqueen. Sometimes I put it under my pillow!

Tobuyornot99 Fri 10-Mar-17 14:23:43

Napqueen what's the blue trolley? Sounds terribly exciting!

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:25:54

Hahaha its this...

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:25:58

What's in your blue trolley?
I like this, it's like a little window into your life blushnot that I'm nosey or anything!

And you clean the fridge twice a month!?
<reassessed standards>

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:26:53

Ah, crosspost.
I think that trolley is going to be a design classic. Good old IKEA.

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:27:24

I aim to clean the fridge twice a month. But we have two small kids so theres always half tins of beans and half used sticks of cucumber in there so it needs it. Pre kids Id only do it before SIL visited as she looks. Well, looked, shes died now, so I keep it clean for her a bit too grin

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:30:43

That's nice. I recently had a bereavement and vowed to take one of the lovely qualities of the person to inspire me in the living of my life.
Luckily he didn't give a fig about cleaning. He was a bin viveurgrin

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:31:30

*Bon not bin.

Freudian slip I think!

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:33:16

grin

Sewingbeatshousework Fri 10-Mar-17 14:35:58

I'm at home all day and all I seem to do is clean & tidy and my house is never immaculate so not sure where I'm going wrong!!

Daily I do 2/3 lots of washing/drying/folding, hoover kitchen/dining room/hall/living room & bathroom, empty & load dishwasher, mop bathroom floor, wipe down kitchen surfaces & declutter the living room of the kids random crap.

I'll wipe down the bathroom every 2nd day, mop kitchen & hall twice a week, Hoover stairs twice a week.

Once a week I'll iron, put away folded clothes, dust.

I very rarely Hoover the bedrooms as I can't see the carpet easily 😳, I don't think I've ever caught up with the ironing, once a month I'll take 2 bin bags worth to my -very cheap- ironing lady.

I'm very unorganised, don't have check lists etc (really need to though), have a spare bedroom that I avoid at all costs as it's complete chaos, avoid doing windows etc unless I really have to. I tend to concentrate on the areas that are seen most and forget about the rest...

When I had small DC at home I got about 10% of the above done.

AlphaBites Fri 10-Mar-17 14:38:52

That journal looks interesting - is that the bullet diary or similar ?

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:40:20

Goodness sewing you do more in a day than we do in a month.

I do work nearly full time so that is a bit of an excuse. I'm also very lazy thoughblush

Sewingbeatshousework Fri 10-Mar-17 14:42:45

Like I said I'm at home all day and DC at school so I've no excuse - although that will all change when baby is born in July!

NapQueen Fri 10-Mar-17 14:46:24

Yeah its my bullet journal - just an old notebook I had lying round to see if I would take to it and I have grin I love it.

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:47:17

Congratulations on the baby!

Trooperslane Fri 10-Mar-17 14:48:16

She's called Pauline and she comes on a Wednesday

We love Wednesdays in our house.

Since going back to work full time, best money I've ever spent.

misses point of thread

Itsmytemporaryname Fri 10-Mar-17 14:56:29

Can't afford a Pauline at the moment unfortunately. That's why I need a 'regime'.
I would rather have a Pauline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now