Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cleaning large linen curtains that crease if you look at them

(3 Posts)
dreamingofsun Thu 09-Mar-17 18:55:16

the linen curtains by the patio doors are really dirty, especially at the bottom where the dog lays against them. However, they crease really easily and if i take them to the dry cleaners they will be a nightmare to hang again. Any ideas on what to do? i guess there's no way they can be cleaned in situ?

Fresh01 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:24:54

I recently look into this as we have linen voile over the patio doors in our kitchen/sitting room and 4 kids! I had a few companies out to look but they weren't for touching the linen.

In the end I spoke to our local dry cleaner, he called in as we are just up the road and look at them. He said to take them down and he reckoned he could dry clean them. He did, twice as some greasy marks didn't come out first time so he asked if he could try stain remover. In the end we got back lovely clean voile. He steamed them a bit and folded them along their length. There were a few creases when the first went up but the weight of them pulled them out.

They look as good as new. Do you have a friendly local dry cleaner?

dreamingofsun Fri 10-Mar-17 10:04:03

thanks fresh. yes, like you we have one just down the road. i was thinking about having a chat with them and you've convinced me. not convinced any creases will drop out of these though........they are a nightmare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now