Talk

Advanced search

How to de-fluff a washer-dryer with no lint filter?

(4 Posts)
Deianira Sun 05-Mar-17 14:34:31

I have a washer-dryer which is mostly fairly decent, but has recently started depositing fluff/lint on some items when washed (tights especially seem to attract the stuff).

In a normal tumble-dryer I'd take this as a sign that I've failed to clean the lint filter, but this model doesn't have a lint filter - is there any easy way that I'm missing to clean out any accumulated fluff? I presume it builds up during drying as normal, so I'm surprised by the lack of a filter. I'm running a (very hot) cleaning cycle to see if that helps, but other tips are very welcome please!

NanTheWiser Sun 05-Mar-17 16:50:28

Google the model you have? I have a Siemens w/dryer, which has a "fluff clean" program.

Deianira Sun 05-Mar-17 17:06:17

I've tried that sadly - it didn't throw up anything other than the regular 'clean' process, which is just to run a boil wash.

eurochick Sun 05-Mar-17 17:18:52

I had one of these. I stopped using the dryer function as it was making the machine play up. The manual and google were no help - there was no filter to clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now