Talk

Advanced search

I'm in a mess again :(

(17 Posts)
Hesdeadjim Fri 03-Mar-17 15:54:07

My house is a sty and I'm so cross with myself, because just before Christmas it was perfect and now it's awful.

2 dogs, no kids.

I've got some time tonight and tomorrow and I really want to get on top of it. Where do I start?

Also more specific question: I have a crafty hobby I do in the living room and it just seems to spread everywhere. What's the best way to contain this?

1AngelicFruitCake Sat 04-Mar-17 06:09:18

Start small and use a timer! Decide which room would have the most impact. Get a bin bag and make a start. I find that I need to stop myself from sitting down until
I've achieved a certain amount.

With the hobby I would tidy it away each time into storage boxes or however you want to organise it.

TupperwareTat Sat 04-Mar-17 06:18:00

If you had 10 minutes to pack your most treasured possessions, what would you want? ( apart from your Dogs & photo's)

Right - now ditch everything else!

That's basically it, only keep what you really need. Everyday essentials.

I know it's hard, it took me 6 months to fully declutter my house, around work hours etc.

It's slowly creeping in slightly, I bought a new duvet cover last week that I could actually do without hmm

If you don't want to do the Marie Kondo method (I had to) then maybe one room at a time?

Hesdeadjim Sat 04-Mar-17 17:18:02

Tadaaaaaah grin

I found my mojo, living room is sorted thank god!

TupperwareTat Sat 04-Mar-17 17:41:11

Oh it's beautiful!

I think I need to find mine now blush

Hesdeadjim Sat 04-Mar-17 18:31:01

Wish I'd taken a before!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 04-Mar-17 18:34:18

Look lovely, congratulations! Any tips to pass on?

AdoraBell Sat 04-Mar-17 18:35:14

Well done. Always do a before pic even if you don't want to post it here.

I need to get my arse in gear too.

hesterton Sat 04-Mar-17 18:36:49

What a lovely room.

pnutter Sat 04-Mar-17 18:36:53

Flipping heck that's tidy!! Lovely room. Makes me want to tidy up...

Hesdeadjim Sat 04-Mar-17 18:41:31

Yes, buy new cushions and things before you start, it's really motivating because you want to see it finished smile

Before, I hadn't done any cleaning or tidying since Christmas so you can imagine the state it was in. 'Stuff' on every surface, the corner by the fire place had a craft table in it filled with crap, you couldn't see the coffee table and the rug was so covered in dog hair I emptied the vac 4 times just from that blush

I struggle with my mental health (GAD) and when I'm low I can't find the energy to do anything other than work and sleep. My house was channel 5 documentary standards of gross.

It took about 5 hours to just do the living room and hall way, still got the kitchen to do and all upstairs sad

However, I've filled 4 bin bags with rubbish and junk so I'm taking that as a big win smile

Afreshstartplease Sat 04-Mar-17 18:45:55

I wish you had taken a before picture too! It's hard to believe such a lovely room was a tip this morning! It's so clutter free!

ememem84 Sat 04-Mar-17 18:48:18

Lovely room!

I need to sort my place out. It was fine before Christmas but we got busy etc and just haven't had the time. excuses

Starting tomorrow I'm doing it.

Afreshstartplease Sat 04-Mar-17 18:49:24

My living room looks like fucking toys r us

I want a grown up living room with no bloody duplo to hurt my feet on

Hesdeadjim Sat 04-Mar-17 18:50:37

I'llntake a before photo of the kitchen and bedroom, I've just been through all my phone photos to try and see if there's any with the mess in the background, but it appears I'm quite careful not to show it! blush

Afreshstartplease Sat 04-Mar-17 18:59:56

Look forward to it op!

Our mess always makes it in to photos sadly

TupperwareTat Sun 05-Mar-17 10:14:00

Im going in.

I need to paint 2 walls, before I can build a wardrobe, before I can put my clothes away.

I may be some time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now