Please recommend me the king of irons for ironing shirts

(8 Posts)
FarEndOfTether Fri 03-Mar-17 09:46:54

Just that really. The only things I iron are DH's work shirts, so I'm looking for a iron that will make them a breeze. If I could actually enjoy doing it then that would be a bonus grin

pinkcarnations Fri 03-Mar-17 21:12:35

Philips Fast care steam generator iron, I love mine, takes tap water and makes short work of ironing anything including shirts.
I had a Morphy Richards steam generator before this but wrecked it by using he wrong water, new one is far superior imo.

bouncydog Sat 04-Mar-17 08:06:19

Tefal steam generator. Fantastic and really quick - one sweep up and down DH's shirts gets all the creases out. Not cheap but worth every penny - best value I could find was good old Amazon.

Imfinehowareyou Sat 04-Mar-17 08:13:21

Why are you ironing your DH's clothes? Especially if you don't enjoy it?

LillianGish Wed 08-Mar-17 09:07:10

I'm not fixed on a particular brand, but whatever you get make sure it has a long flex.

SwearyGodmother Wed 08-Mar-17 09:11:27

The only thing that worked for me to enjoy ironing DH's shirts was to send them out to laundry. The best £9/week we ever spent.

FarEndOfTether Wed 08-Mar-17 09:12:43

Thanks all, I've plumped for a Philips fastcare steam one. I liked that you don't have to adjust the temperature- less room for error!

Imfine I iron my husband's shirts as he's away half the time, he comes back with a load of shirts he doesn't have time to iron himself as he's out at work 8am-9pm. I'm at home sour makes more sense to divide the work this way. As he's out in London he picks up shopping for us on his way home from shops I can't get to. It works both ways.

Previously I'd been taking the shirts to be ironed at a dry cleaners but I was sick of the hassle of having yet another errand, I thought I might as well do them myself in front of the TV. Also, I think it's important for DS and DD to see it being done and learn how to do it themselves when they're old enough.

Imfinehowareyou Mon 13-Mar-17 12:39:58

I'm sorry, didn't mean you had to explain yourself to me blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now