Talk

Advanced search

Cif cream used inside oven - help!

(6 Posts)
user1488406147 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:27:56

My husband used cif cream inside the oven but i dont think he cleared all the residue out properly before he first used it again - It got most of the food stains out but there are some burnt bits still in there. I think i have managed to get the residue out by wiping down at a later date. Has anyone else used this to clean in an oven? , I have concerns that there may be residue left in there (particularly within the bits of burnt food/stains) and whether it is harmful. i think i am being paranoid but would like other people's input. Thanks.

LowDudgeon Wed 01-Mar-17 22:30:36

I wouldn't use cif for anything, ever smile

sorry, not helpful blush

I don't think I'd worry too much about residue, it will burn off anyway - will stink a bit but I doubt if that's harmful.

Friendofsadgirl Wed 01-Mar-17 22:31:19

Can you steam it off? Oven tray filled with hot water and put oven on lowish for an hour than wipe with a damp cloth once cooled enough to be touched.

CMamaof4 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:37:34

I used it before to clean out my oven and it worked quite well as far as I remember infact last time I cleaned it I used something else and wished I had used cif,
Just give it a wipe down, and really you should put the oven on for a bit a while after cleaning before you cook anything in it.

LowDudgeon Wed 01-Mar-17 22:56:35

Friendofsadgirl's advice is a good idea.

I have a Neff oven which has a setting where I put some soapy water on the oven floor & it heats it up gently & coats everything in steam. It's not like a proper self-cleaning oven but does a good job of loosening the baked on crud.

You could do that in future with some soapy water (lemon w-up liquid is good, diluted with about 300ml of warm water) in an ovenproof dish at a fairly low temp for about 30 mins. I do mine repeatedly until most of it has evaporated, it makes it much easier to clean the shelves & I can easily wipe down the worst of the oven with a microfibre cloth.

(& at least once a year I get a proper oven cleaning person in smile)

user1488406147 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:41:21

Thanks everyone. I will steam clean the oven with a bowl of water this weekend and give it a wipe down - i never thought of that.

If anyone else has used cif cream - i would welcome your inputs as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now