Talk

Advanced search

Double oven... gas??

(4 Posts)
Isadora2007 Tue 28-Feb-17 15:45:36

Anyone have experience of a gas oven? We would like a double oven but our electricity would need run under our fitted floor for an electric one so the kitchen people have suggested gas.
I've always had a gas hob and electric ovens... hmm

didireallysaythat Tue 28-Feb-17 19:02:11

The wiring couldn't run through the ceiling void above the kitchen ? I prefer electric ovens....

wowfudge Tue 28-Feb-17 21:05:00

I had a double gas oven once and I loved it. It was a Parkinson Cowan (don't think they exist anymore) with grill in the top oven. It had a pyrolitic cleaning cycle. It was great. It was still going strong after 18 years!

We've just bought an electric range (at least A rated for energy consumption) which has an induction hob. It needs a massive feed but the electrician will sort it - the cabling will go up the wall and through the ceiling void.

Isadora2007 Wed 01-Mar-17 08:32:50

Thank you for the suggestions about the ceiling. I will look into it for sure. We have an old house and the kitchen is in a kind of narrow room off the back of the house so it has concrete floor rather than boards like the rest of the house. And we fitted nice karndean flooring jury a few years ago so I'm not lifting that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now