Talk

Advanced search

Not just a tissue...

(9 Posts)
OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 26-Feb-17 17:49:07

I have managed to do a whole load of dark coloured clothes in the washing machine....complete with paperback book. Every item is covered in wet paper - covered!!! What am I to do?? I cannot scrape it off or shake it off ....help!!!!!

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Feb-17 17:50:19

Let it dry then get the hoover attachment on it. Or parcel tape wrapped around your hand sticky side outwards and keep patting.

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Feb-17 17:50:54

Was it a good book? sad

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 26-Feb-17 19:36:55

Thanks,sparkling. I might need several rolls of tape! The book was one belonging to DS..and on its way to the charity shop. The clothes are mainly DSs....he is distraught!!!!

BridgeRiverTower Sun 26-Feb-17 19:39:15

shock God that is the worst.

I'd rewash the items in smaller groups - donyouve a clothes dryer? That will filter the bigger bits out. Otherwise get out the packing tape and sit down and start tapping it off bit by bit. sad

BridgeRiverTower Sun 26-Feb-17 19:40:09

Buy a sticky lint roller? That might be faster than tape on hand.

Sparklingbrook Sun 26-Feb-17 20:30:07

Also check your washing machine filter. It may have clogged.

DubiousCredentials Sun 26-Feb-17 20:46:17

Put it in the tumble dryer in small amounts on cool or refresh setting. Empty filter every ten mins or so.

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 26-Feb-17 20:53:31

Thank you all. At the moment I have put it on an airier to dry out a bit. Tomorrow I shall try all of your tips and see what works.....as well as hoovering all the bits up and cleaning the filter out. I really wanted to put it on a washing line...but it is pouring down and the builders took the line down last week to put the scaffolding up. It is chaos here....perhaps I could hang it all between the scaffold poles and get it covered in brick and plaster dust like the rest of the house!
Pass the wine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now