Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dishwashers. Can you wrap the back in cling film?

(28 Posts)
Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 00:41:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JamDonutsRule Sat 25-Feb-17 00:44:24

Even if you could, they'd eat through it!

If you are able to / can be bothered to refit the kitchen you could block the holes?

e1y1 Sat 25-Feb-17 01:28:46

Yep, they would eat through the cling film. Only thing I could suggest is to fill the holes - even if just temporary. You could fill them with wire wool as they don't chew through that (it cuts their mouths).

VimFuego101 Sat 25-Feb-17 01:30:34

Would expanding foam work? (Not sure whether it needs ventilation)

chatnanny Sat 25-Feb-17 01:44:07

I wonder if you need new "exterminators" there are cowboys out there. DD was told a lot of rubbish re bed bugs by an "economy" firm and they didn't go until she called in the professionals. Mice should be easy to eradicate if they use the latest poisons they don't recognise though it sounds as if you have a lot! I keep a box marked "poison" high in a cupboard and at first sign sprinkle the granules where our pets can't reach and it normally does the job.

wowfudge Sat 25-Feb-17 05:32:11

Please stop using glue boards OP. They are really cruel. Ordinary snap traps are better. Mice like chocolate cake.

Bluebellevergreen Sat 25-Feb-17 05:49:33

Dont do this, fire hazard

Kwackerly Sat 25-Feb-17 06:23:40

Yes, huge fire hazard! And the mice would bite through anyway.

When we had mice I put flour all over the floor one night and tracked where they went in and out from. Then blocked holes with brillo pads and put down poison. They did eventually go.

Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 08:17:56

Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 08:32:41

ninenicknames Sat 25-Feb-17 09:21:25

You put a mouse in a carrier bag & smashed it with a brick?

Crochetnanigans Sat 25-Feb-17 09:28:23

Oh god thats just awful that poor mouse. I feel sick

superram Sat 25-Feb-17 09:32:14

Why is hitting it with a brick anymore cruel than a snap trap?

Crochetnanigans Sat 25-Feb-17 09:35:55

I wouldn't use a snap trap either. We keep chickens and often see a mousr or two. We trap them in a humane trap which has food and water in. We then relocate them to the woods a few miles away. (The ones the chickens don't catch and eat that is. Just seems an awful way to die

Crochetnanigans Sat 25-Feb-17 09:35:58

I wouldn't use a snap trap either. We keep chickens and often see a mousr or two. We trap them in a humane trap which has food and water in. We then relocate them to the woods a few miles away. (The ones the chickens don't catch and eat that is. Just seems an awful way to die

Spring2016 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:20:10

We have a live mouse trap in the garage. It traps the mouse in a little metal box, but doesn't harm it. Dh takes it outside and releases it. We put peanut butter on a cracker inside as bait, and it has worked well so far. There is a little window so you know when one is inside.

Spring2016 Sat 25-Feb-17 10:21:18

Almost word for word!grin

QuestionableMouse Sat 25-Feb-17 10:24:16

Glue traps are fucking evil. Get rid of them before you come down one morning to a live mouse that's struggled so much it's degloved its entire body and is screaming in pain.

Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 10:35:45

Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 10:42:24

QuestionableMouse Sat 25-Feb-17 10:46:54

Stuff steel wool in the holes. Have you tried the plug in repellents? I've heard they can work quite well.

Cheeka Sat 25-Feb-17 10:51:34

SealSong Sat 25-Feb-17 11:08:30

Fucking hell, stop using the glue boards! Unbelievably cruel, I don't know how you can. sad

relaxitllbeok Sat 25-Feb-17 11:15:50

When we blocked holes, the result was a perfectly round new hole in the skirting board next to the blocked up hole! Key thing IME is not to feed them. Be really stringent about crumbs etc. The ultrasonic repellers work too (plug them in when you go to bed if you can hear them and they're annoying!)

zzzzz Sat 25-Feb-17 11:32:31

If you are seeing them to that extent you have a real infestation. Dust the floor with talcum powder and see where they are going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now