Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I want a pillow like a cloud to rest my tired head

(19 Posts)
hypergenuis Thu 23-Feb-17 19:12:20

I've tried so many pillows and need to find something no less than perfect. Memory foam - horrible and hard, hated it. Like sleeping on a book. 80% duck down / 20% duck feather bought as a special purchase from john lewis - ok but my head sinks in flat with the filling all puffed up around my face. I have to squash it back into shape severe times in the middle of the night. Bog standard microfibre - meh. A bit solid. Any recommendations?

chicaguapa Thu 23-Feb-17 19:15:55

The clue is in the name Cloud pillow

MaximumVolume Thu 23-Feb-17 19:16:06

We buy Mitre Palace ones. They are pretty good when new and cheap enough to replace often. We just got new ones after 2 years.

VanillaLatteAndCake Thu 23-Feb-17 19:24:24

Following this as I feel the same! We recently bought two Cloud Pillows. DP loves his but I'm v.disappointed. It's too firm for me.

furrymuff Thu 23-Feb-17 19:32:32

Soak & Sleep pillows are heavenly - I first encountered them at Burley Manor Hotel in the New Forest, went straight home and ordered them for every bedroom smile The Hungarian Goose Down ones are just amazing! www.soakandsleep.com/bedroom/pillows

ArseyTussle Thu 23-Feb-17 19:35:17

I'm a recent convert to a Baavet wool pillow. Lovely.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 23-Feb-17 19:35:29

Try going without. I haven't used one for years and it's helped my achey neck. Also, feather and down are obtained in a pretty gruesome and unpleasant way I think.

Bobowhite Thu 23-Feb-17 19:39:24

Soak and Sleep Microfibre are amazing and not too expensive. As is their full body pillow! grin

rawskills Thu 23-Feb-17 19:47:24

Dunlopillo. Expensive but I won't tell you how long I've had mine

fannydaggerz Thu 23-Feb-17 22:36:14

You want a latex dunlopillow. I've had mine for years

EnidButton Fri 24-Feb-17 01:29:30

The second review on that Cloud pillow grin

I'm having the same problem hyper

1ris Fri 24-Feb-17 20:13:27

I first tried the Soak and Sleep Hungarian goose down pillows at a friends and they were so wonderful and soft. She didn't use pillow protectors.

I bought the pillows and protectors and although the pillows are comfy the protectors restricts them a bit so not the comfort that I felt at my friends. The pillows are too expensive not to use with protectors though.

1ris Fri 24-Feb-17 20:14:11

oh...and you can choose if you want soft/medium or hard (or something like that)

Deux Fri 24-Feb-17 23:38:20

Ive been searching for the perfect pillow as I'm a side sleeper. Ive tried so many and still trying to find the elusive one. Might try the soak and sleep.

As an aside, I've been treated by an osteopath recently and he told me that people should replace their pillows every 18 months.

PickAChew Fri 24-Feb-17 23:40:01

Look for a variation on cluster fibre. You can mould it to what you need and wash it without clumping, but it's not so soft as to disappear.

fruitbats Fri 24-Feb-17 23:45:00

Dunlopillo. Fantastic.

50ShadesOfEarlGrey Sat 25-Feb-17 03:38:21

Definitely Dunlopillo Latex. I have been searching for years, tried every expensive pillow going and a lot of cheap ones purchased in desperation. My head always felt too heavy and I would wake up with a headache. I searched previous pillow threads on MN and that was where I heard about latex pillows. I hesitated, mostly I think because of the word latex, I thought it was going to be too hot. I read other reviews, all good, so decided to go for it. I have never slept so well. It is like a permanently plumped marshmallow!

e1y1 Sat 25-Feb-17 05:31:30

Also, feather and down are obtained in a pretty gruesome and unpleasant way I think

YY to this.

I have got Microfibre cluster ones from King Of Cotton - got the extra large ones - the still fill in most standard cases, but as more "full" they don't flatten and they are soft too.

Love King of Cotton - all my bedding and some towels are from there.

THESE are my current ones.

cantfindausername2 Sat 25-Feb-17 05:40:23

I agree with dunlopillo. I love mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now