Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever re-waterproofed a Merrell Haven coat?

(3 Posts)
3dwaffle Thu 23-Feb-17 13:19:56

I have had my Merrell Haven since December 2010 and when I first bought it, it was fantastic - warm, waterproof, stylish. I loved it. But it started to smell a bit like an anorak and when it was 18 months old i suddenly realised it had washing instructions, so I washed it. It took me a while to realise it (in fact it was something someone on mumsnet said that made me realise), but washing it stopped it being waterproof, and it needs to be! Apparently you can get a waterproofing spray, or my dm rewaterproofs her anorak using nikwax in the washing machine. Does anyone have any experience of either of these things on an ordinary, formerly waterproof, coat? Any advice gratefully received as we're going to Dublin soon and I will want to be dry! Thanks

kingdred Thu 23-Feb-17 13:50:32

I washed mine with nikwax (green lid bottle). It worked brilliantly and dead easy. Bung it in the machine, follow the garment instructions and leave to dry. Doesn't need a tumble dryer either which is great (as I don't have one!)

May09Bump Thu 23-Feb-17 20:27:51

Our dry cleaners rewax coats - which might be the easiest option for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now