Talk

Advanced search

How do u clean a ceramic kitchen sink??

(6 Posts)
Blossom4538 Thu 23-Feb-17 11:01:35

Hi all,
We have a new Blanco ceramic sink and it states to just wash with hot soapy water. Been doing this but it now has water marks which haven't come off and is looking stained - from tea I think, over time. I do use dettol spray I admit - it states not to use chemicals for cleaning or bleach?!

What have you used which has been fine on your sink?

wowfudge Thu 23-Feb-17 12:58:37

Bio washing powder in warm water. Put the plug in and leave it overnight. Empty and rinse the next day.

MissRainbowBrite Fri 24-Feb-17 07:19:42

I use cream Cif on ours, rinse well then dry and buff with a microfibre cloth. I also have a rubber drainer mat cut to size in the bottom of the sink to prevent scratches. It was about £2.50 from B&M.

SquidgeyMidgey Fri 24-Feb-17 18:38:05

I use cream cleaner on mine for anything the method kitchen spray doesn't shift.

Usernamewithnodigits Tue 28-Feb-17 21:45:11

Barkeepers Friend every time.
Amazing product.

nbee84 Tue 28-Feb-17 21:52:25

I use cif and viakal, have even used bleach. Must admit to having never read any instructions on the care of the sink but figure it is the same as my bathroom and cloakroom sinks which get cleaned with all sorts after having hair dye and other stuff on them. They seem pretty indestructable and always clean up lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now