Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning my couch!!

(10 Posts)
lorelairoryemily Wed 22-Feb-17 10:02:55

I need to clean my couch, it's cream cord, all the cushion covers come off so washing machine for them but the arms are padded too and they do t have removable covers, any ideas how I can get them clean without soaking them??

DevelopingDetritus Wed 22-Feb-17 10:13:35

I've got a wet vacuum cleaner I do my carpets with that has attachments for things like that but I sometimes use hot water with a little bit of the Ecover all purpose cleaner in the water, patch test first though.
I've seen that Vanish product on TV, not sure if it's any good, it's a can with a brush attached I think.

DevelopingDetritus Wed 22-Feb-17 10:15:28

* I meant to put I use a cloth with the Ecover and hot water and give it a good scrub!

lorelairoryemily Wed 22-Feb-17 10:18:26

Great I'll try that!! Thank you!! I'm just worried I'll wet it too much and it won't dry for days

DevelopingDetritus Wed 22-Feb-17 10:22:15

Yeah, just make sure the cloth isn't too wet. Is it warm enough where you are to have the windows open today, air it all.

lorelairoryemily Wed 22-Feb-17 10:26:30

Thanks so much!! I might give it a quick blast with the hairdryer to help it along!

Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 22-Feb-17 23:04:10

Get a white towell and rub/pat to dry, do this quite a lot on the arms if my velour sofa, comes up a treat(, i use just washing up liquid with a bit of zoflora. )

wowfudge Thu 23-Feb-17 07:24:15

Use Stardrops - it's great on upholstery and carpet and cheap. I was thinking I would need to get rid of a rather grubby sofa, but it came up so well it got a whole new lease of life.

Bluntness100 Thu 23-Feb-17 07:32:35

You could get an upholstery cleaner in, they do carpets normally too, it means your sofa will be properly clean and not patchy. I don't think uou should put anything in the washing machine as I understand it does something to the fire resistant gel and renders it useless. Just pay a guy to come in and do it, shouldn't be expensive.

beargrass Thu 23-Feb-17 07:35:09

Was also going to suggest upholstery cleaner. When we've had our carpets done, ours has also cleaned furniture. Got a nursing chair for £30 and it looked awful! But he cleaned it and you'd never have known it wasn't new. If you get your carpets done, you'll need to air the house thoroughly so you might want to wait until the weather is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now