Talk

Advanced search

Where do you hang your towels if not in the bathroom?

(14 Posts)
EffinIneffable Tue 21-Feb-17 11:08:45

Our bathroom is small, no towel rail, and prone to condensation so I don't want to hang our used towels in there. Where do you hang your towels to dry out each day that's not just in the way?

sallylondon Tue 21-Feb-17 18:22:30

Mine - usually over the banister rail until they're dry, then I fold them up and put them back in the bathroom.

fueledbybacon Tue 21-Feb-17 18:26:49

I've a hook on the back of my bedroom door. I leave it there.

happyvalleyvalley Tue 21-Feb-17 22:03:23

On a radiator. It will then properly dry when the heating is on.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Tue 21-Feb-17 22:24:02

I like to keep mine on the banister as they air well as warm air rises up the stairs.

DH doesn't appreciate this habit!

Thebookswereherfriends Tue 21-Feb-17 22:29:15

I put a towel rail on the side of our wardrobe. We also have a fairly damp bathroom and I didn't feel the towel dried properly in winter months, even though we do have a radiator that is meant for towel hanging.

RedBugMug Tue 21-Feb-17 22:30:28

hook on back of bedroom door

WatchingFromTheWings Tue 21-Feb-17 22:31:49

I use the banisters or the doors. 4 of us are showering daily and don't have enough radiators to dry that way.

Voice0fReason Tue 21-Feb-17 22:50:00

Bannister and over the bedroom door

InfiniteCurve Tue 21-Feb-17 22:53:09

Yes,over the banister or hanging on the doors,over the corner if that makes sense. DD hangs hers behind her door but it doesn't dry so well then.

DramaAlpaca Tue 21-Feb-17 22:53:23

We have a freestanding towel rail and use that or the banisters. Apart from the teenager who prefers his bedroom floor then wonders why his towel is still wet.

wowfudge Wed 22-Feb-17 07:39:48

Get an extractor for your bathroom or you'll have mould problems from the condensation and fit a towel rail and some hooks on the back of the door.

imsorryiasked Wed 22-Feb-17 07:50:29

We have a coated wire over-radiator towel rail in the bedroom. Ds has a single wooden towel rail fixed to the wall under a book shelf above the radiator in his bedroom.

EffinIneffable Wed 22-Feb-17 12:51:51

Interesting! It's hard not to end up with it looking untidy though isn't it? I was secretly hoping there was some 'weird trick' I was missing, but seems not. We don't really have enough radiator space to use that as it stops the rooms heating up, plus laundry drying in the rest of the house uses most available space. At the moment we make do with a couple of radiator towel rails off the foot of our bed, which is quite high so they do seem to dry OK.

wowfudge we do have an extractor, but the room is cold and it can't cope with the additional dampness of drying towels in a downstairs, single storey bathroom with three external walls and the only internal wall next to an unheated space. The rest of the house is pretty drafty anyway (Victorian terrace with crap windows) so no condensation problems elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now