Talk

Advanced search

Pans that can take a battering

(12 Posts)
roadblock Fri 17-Feb-17 13:59:31

Please can anybody recommend some pans that are extremely durable? My current ones have lasted about 5 years but now the non stick is starting to flake off. I need to replace saucepans and frying pans, and ideally the whole lot will be non stick. I don't mind paying £££ if they will last for a really long time - I don't want to buy cheaply and then have to replace them again in a year or two. The thing is, they need to stand some abuse as various people cook in my kitchen and I cannot be precious about only using plastic utensils and scourers. The pans need to go in the dishwasher too. My hob is gas. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 17-Feb-17 14:05:12

I have had my saucepans for more than 20 years, and there isn't a mark on them. They're plain stainless steel with glass lids and were very cheap, probably from the supermarket or somewhere like Matalan.

They get used every day, put in the dishwasher and bashed about in the drawer.

minijoeyjojo Fri 17-Feb-17 14:20:23

We have procook pans. Bought a whole new set about 6 months ago and are really pleased with them so far. We have he professional range which is stainless steel, although the frying pans have a non stick coating. They have a couple of other ranges that are all non stick though. They have either a 10 or 25 year guarantee depending on which model you go with so should be long lasting!

BonnyScotland Fri 17-Feb-17 14:22:07

can I ask... do they have non heat handles x

NannyR Fri 17-Feb-17 14:25:22

Ikea 365 stainless steel for saucepans, as they don't need to be non-stick and circulon infinity for frying pans (come with a lifetime guarantee).

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Fri 17-Feb-17 14:26:00

Love my Le creuset- which inherited from parents when I went to uni- they're about 20years old and going strong!

user1487338275 Fri 17-Feb-17 14:29:02

We have circulon ones which are going strong after 15 years.

ConstantlyCooking Fri 17-Feb-17 14:29:30

Second vote for Le Crueset. I have had mine since 1994. They are not non-stick but things don't tend to catch because the base is so thick. I use metal, wooden and plastic utensils.

Secretsweets Sat 18-Feb-17 21:56:49

I've had my Viners pans for 18 years. Still good as new

WellyMummy Sat 18-Feb-17 22:07:12

John Lewis straight sided stainless steel pans, 24 years old and still looking good. Wish I could find a frying pan that could last as long!

Borntorunfast Sat 18-Feb-17 22:13:59

Le creuset also gets my vote - i inherited my gran's, so they're at least 30 years old now. Apart from where I sat one handle on fire (gas hob, wooden handle, careless cook), they're still going strong. Bloody expensive tho

isthishouseamidden Sat 18-Feb-17 22:20:01

I love my stainless steel stellar pans. 22 years old and still great. They've survived years of student halls and shared flats. The only blemish is a dent when one fell down two flights of stone steps in a move. Use any utensils and can stand a Brillo pan in the event of accidental cremation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now