Talk

Advanced search

Being curious - mop head or squeezy sponge thingy?

(5 Posts)
buckshotbowie Fri 17-Feb-17 13:41:42

Just wondering - are you a mophead sort of a girl or do you use one of those squeezy sponge mops? which is better? For floors, that is!

FilthMonster Fri 17-Feb-17 13:43:08

I use a microfibre ecomop thing that was forgotten by the previous owners of the house, it's pretty good and I pop it in the wash after use so there's no need to replace it

INeedNewShoes Fri 17-Feb-17 13:45:21

Microfibre mops are great (I've got an e-cloth mop). They leave the floors drier and you can get the floor clean without using loads of cleaning products.

They're particularly good for laminate as they don't waterlog the flooring.

However, if you have tiles, I'm not convinced the e-mop would get in between the tiles well to clean the grout (though I'm generally a believer in the only way of getting between tiles clean to be hands and knees and a good scrubbing brush).

INeedNewShoes Fri 17-Feb-17 13:46:08

That's another good point made by FilthMonster - the e-cloth mop head is machine washable so I've had the same one for four years and its still going strong.

houston101 Fri 17-Feb-17 14:11:35

Hhhmm - I am a vileda mop girl myself or at least She who Cleans my Floor for me for Vast Moolah is... but I find myself wondering if it doesn't just spead the dirt and dog hair around . Also, know that in France it is impossible to buy mops as frnch housewives seem to swear by the rag 'n' bucket principle - unless ggg is around to prove me wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now