Talk

Advanced search

Doormats?

(7 Posts)
Jenny2710 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:37:12

I have two Labradors and hard floors, what is the best way to hold back the mud and wetness. Are any rugs better than others? Although someone has recommended a robe for dogs which prevents too much splash damage.
The feet are still a problem they are constantly in and out of the house.

wowfudge Fri 17-Feb-17 06:57:50

Is 'a robe for dogs' a typo OP? When we had a dog we had dirt trapper type doormats by the outside doors and runners in the hall on top of the laminate.

May09Bump Fri 17-Feb-17 16:27:20

Turtle mats seem to get good reviews - ive not found one I like in a big enough size.

TryingtobePrepared Sat 18-Feb-17 22:59:42

Indoor Turtle mats are fab, outdoor ones not so fab but still good. Love the fact that even after 5 + yrs chuck in washing machine & tumble dryer voila good as newsmile

officerhinrika Mon 20-Feb-17 00:12:33

The ones from Lakeland are pretty good. I have a large one at the back door which catches most of the wet from the lurcher s enormous feet. It needs to be a big mat with labradors, their stride can take them straight over a "normal" sized doormat without laying a paw on it. If you can get something runner sized - even better.

OCSockOrphanage Mon 20-Feb-17 17:25:53

Turtle Mats are good; happy to second Trying's vote. I saw some that were fairly huge recently which were similar and I'm thinking about where but it was probably in the market. I just wash mine and either put them straight down again (laminate floor) or dry outside in summer.

OCSockOrphanage Mon 20-Feb-17 17:26:35

Also have a Lab, with a love of mud, and water, and worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now