Talk

Advanced search

John Lewis Saucepans

(6 Posts)
Sugarandsalt Wed 15-Feb-17 09:35:47

I'm buying a new cookware set. I love to cook so want good ones. I'm trying to decide between John Lewis classic and the thermacore range- has anyone got either of these?

petalpower Wed 15-Feb-17 20:38:27

We have the classic set - got them for our wedding 20 years ago this year and they're used daily. One handle has come off a saucepan lid (had it welded back on!) but otherwise perfect condition. Would really recommend them smile

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 15-Feb-17 20:40:50

I'm a huge fan of the JL classic range...also had mine over twenty years and they are fab. Daily use, and in and out the dishwasher....occasional scrubbing, but only if dh has burned something on. 3)

I bought them as they go in the oven too.

Sugarandsalt Wed 15-Feb-17 21:02:48

Thanks- I really want some that I can move easily between hob and oven. Renting a house with gas hob but will buy in next few years so want pans suitable for all hob types. Wondering if the thermocore are worth the bit extra or does it make a difference?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 15-Feb-17 21:10:03

i'd buy more in a heartbeat tbh, and thermocore can gtf!

I probably will get some soonish, as from five, we are soon to be two, so some smaller pans will be more useful!

have the lidded casserole with the double handles, the lidded buffet casserole, a big and small frying pan (both without the non stick, i disapprove of teflon!) and a milk pan

Sugarandsalt Thu 16-Feb-17 08:15:30

Thanks, I can't wait to get them now. Currently using a really cheap set with wobbly handles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now