Talk

Advanced search

steam mops, I know, but I need help!

(5 Posts)
doublell Tue 14-Feb-17 13:20:59

so after seeing one in action (Lauriefairycake) I really think I need one, but then I go read reviews and cant make up my mind. I have all wooden floors downstairs, 2 large dogs, tiles in kitchen, bathrooms and fully tiled upstairs bathroom. I need a mop that isnt too heavy, cleans well, doesnt leave my wooden floors wet, is hardcore and wont break after 5 minutes. I also want it to clean my windows, bathroom glass and tiles too. So, lets have your recommendations and reasons behind.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Tue 14-Feb-17 13:25:50

Karcher, but should you be steaming your wooden floors? I wouldn't.

janstew Tue 14-Feb-17 13:50:47

I have the Vax one - the cheaper one that you don't need detergent in. It is great. I got an additional blue mop head as the microfibre ones that came with it are not great. The only thing I am not keen on is that they smell a bit. I have tried putting ironing water and also tried using a bit of zoflora but am still not keen. I used to have a very cheap one from ebay which was also good, but you had no trigger to control the steam. It just steamed as soon as it was on iyswim.

Linus33 Thu 16-Feb-17 08:36:19

After going through a couple of other models I've got this http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/products/floor-care/steam-mops/720027-Total-Clean-Fresh-Steam-Cleaner.html. A Morphy Richards Total Clean Fresh steam cleaner.

It's light, detaches from the handle to become a hand-held, cleans our wooden floors without over-wetting them, can add detergent if you wish but not necessary. Great on hard floors, chrome, glass, stainless steel. Not so good on cleaning grease from ovens but I haven't found a domestic steam cleaner yet to achieve that.

The cons I've come across are that when it's in a hand-held mode it's pretty difficult to manoeuvre it in hard to reach places such as behind taps for example.

Linus33 Thu 16-Feb-17 08:39:56

Oh, sorry another con is that you need to refill the water pretty regularly but I only use it in short bursts anyway so not a huge problem for me. One full water reservoir gives me enough to do kitchen, dining room and living room floors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now