Talk

Advanced search

Tefal Ingenio - Do I need this?

(13 Posts)
ReggaeShark Mon 13-Feb-17 08:18:09

Does anyone have one of these sets? Not happy with my current saucepans and have little storage space. Is this what I need?

ReggaeShark Mon 13-Feb-17 09:07:26

Oh bugger. Should be Tefal ... blush

madasamarchhare Mon 13-Feb-17 15:09:10

Ooh yes you do. We have the ones where the handles come off. They are lovely pans and you can buy other bits to go with them such as the pasta drainer and vegetable steamer. They can go in the oven or the fridge as well and great for storing as you don't have the handles getting in the way.

Scootergrrrl Mon 13-Feb-17 15:13:23

I have these and I love them so much (am also aware its a bit sad to use the word love in relation to saucepans).

ReggaeShark Mon 13-Feb-17 17:28:22

Would love the lids to be oven proof but they're not. Under what circumstances would you want to put a lidless saucepan in the oven?

ReggaeShark Mon 13-Feb-17 17:29:01

Ooh MNHQ corrected the thread title for me. Thanks.

I have and love them. Absolutely perfect for things like finishing a Spanish omelette off under the grill and the space saving is fantastic

ReggaeShark Mon 13-Feb-17 20:50:55

I've ordered a small set. Sadly excited.

mammymammyIRL Fri 03-Mar-17 22:00:59

I'm interested in these too.
I have 3 tefal saucepans where the handles turn to fit into the press & not much room for saucepans as only have narrow press for them.

My birthday present from dm is going to go on saucepansblushgrin
And I'll probably be like scooter in love smile

Aquiver Fri 03-Mar-17 22:06:03

We have them too! They feel really robust and are fabulous for stacking / space saving.

One thing to note - although the handles do feel very secure on the pans (clamped on, can lift even a very heavy / full pan) - they are at a slightly funny angle when clamped on, which may take a little getting used to.

Also check that the pans are dishwasher / induction compatible if necessary!

mammymammyIRL Fri 03-Mar-17 22:25:25

Gas hob here & I can't imagine dishwasher is great for them- what do you think?

Aquiver Mon 06-Mar-17 10:09:40

We used to have a gas hob and used Tefal pans with no issues at all (this was a previous set to my current ones, as the old ones were not dishwasher safe - so have replaced with the induction and dishwasher compatible ones).

mammymammyIRL Tue 07-Mar-17 05:52:50

Thanks aquiver I also have older set of tefal saucepans

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now