Talk

Advanced search

Do you love your steam mop?

(13 Posts)
mrslevvy Sat 11-Feb-17 18:28:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OnHold Sat 11-Feb-17 18:30:52

I don't like mine much.The floors dry a bit streaky.

Whatasmashingpumpkin Sat 11-Feb-17 18:31:31

I love mine. It cleans better IMO, I put a tiny drop of zoflora in with the water in mine and it works a treat. I find it quicker to do and it dries very very quickly - much quicker than a traditional mop and bucket and a much better/cleaner finish.

Lesley1980 Sat 11-Feb-17 18:33:19

I really like my steam mop & I use it on tiles, wood (not supposed to though) & laminate. It's quick, easy & the floors dry quickly. It also takes up far less room than a smelly mop & bucket.

I Hoover the floors first & then steam mop. I spray a disinfectant spray on the floor too & go over it with the steam mop.

startwig1982 Sat 11-Feb-17 18:33:32

I use mine on my kitchen floor every couple of days. It's fab.

Mungobungo Sat 11-Feb-17 18:33:37

What Smashingpumpkin said ^^

Does the job, dries quickly and smells ace with some zoflora in the water. Also cleans the bathroom grout really well with no effort at all (mine is one of those 5 in 1 jobbies)

TheDisreputableDog Sat 11-Feb-17 18:36:08

I like mine but it was a million times better when I bought some newpads like this. The supplied ones left the floor really wet.

TheDisreputableDog Sat 11-Feb-17 18:36:43

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0056UJ9HE/ref=cmswrcpapi_9J1NybM1CKMR6

Haffdonga Sat 11-Feb-17 18:37:26

No. I have a posh one that I was delighted to win from MN. It leaves the floor as wet as a normal squeezed out mop. It's a major hassle to drag it round the house and constantly needs to be refilled and reheat to be hot enough to steam so you have to keep stopping mid clean. It's a pain to carry up and down stairs and doesn't fit in the hoover cupboard. It absolutely doesn't lift grease like the adverts show (e.g. from a cooker hood).

I really wouldn't bother. Give me a mop and bucket with a dash of zoflora any day.

VilootShesCute Sat 11-Feb-17 18:39:18

I have one that cost 50 quid and it's crap. Unless you want to pay a lot for a really posh one I wouldn't bother.

Kingofthestupids Sat 11-Feb-17 18:40:41

Mine left my floors streaky. Just use a normal mop & bucket now.

mrbombasticsemifantastic Sat 11-Feb-17 19:27:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OnHold Sat 11-Feb-17 19:35:43

The lead on mine is too short.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now