Talk

Advanced search

Extreme soap scum

(6 Posts)
nomattertheysay Fri 10-Feb-17 20:08:57

Our bath has really, really bad soap scum. I cannot shift it. It's like bloody glue! You have to scratch it off. I've tried bicarb, vinegar and limescale removers as we are in a very hard water area too. Any ideas? I banned DH from using solid soap when I moved in with him.

notgoingout11 Fri 10-Feb-17 21:05:03

The spray-on bathroom cleaners are surprisingly effective. Shaving foam is especially bad for this. You can use a nylon scourer with the spray to speed up removal, but not on plastic which may be scratched. Once clean, spray and a sponge will do it. Rinse and sponge it off taps and other chrome quickly. meanwhile start saving up for a water softener which will make a tremendous improvement.

MrsJayy Fri 10-Feb-17 21:08:07

Morrisons own soap pads Brillo is to abbrasive it is the only thing that cleans my bath properly i wear a medical apllianve and the glue sticks to the bath.

Flipthebirdy Fri 10-Feb-17 21:37:29

Not sure but you could try washing up liquid with a scourer ...only as you probably already have some.

thecapitalsunited Fri 10-Feb-17 22:08:51

You need something abrasive. I find cream cleaner and a brush work well. I live in a hard water area and use bar soap so deal with this regularly. My steam clean seems to shift it too.

In all honesty, the best thing to do is not let it accumulate in the first place. Rinse down the bath after each shower to get rid of the soap scum. I manage to do this for about two days after each deep clean.

mrbombasticsemifantastic Sat 11-Feb-17 13:51:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now