Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Keeping sheets smelling fresh in airing cupboard

(7 Posts)
Picklingaround79 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:50:10

Despite using lovely smelly fabric conditioner and sheets going in bind dry and fragrant, after a few weeks (and months if storing guest sheets) they end up smelling musty in our airing cupboard.

Anyone got some good tips/products that work for them when storing bedding?

Thanks!

Picklingaround79 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:50:36

'bone' dry should read...

specialsubject Thu 09-Feb-17 19:51:48

Rotate more often - sounds like you have too much. Nothing will last months and still be fresh.

No need for special guest sheets unless a different size.

Picklingaround79 Thu 09-Feb-17 20:32:27

Yes I think you might be right on that - I need to do a cull! How many sets is ideal? I'm hanging on to some oldish sets thinking it's a shame to throw away but if we only use them twice a year then yes, what's the point (and they'll get smelly...)

DubiousCredentials Thu 09-Feb-17 20:38:18

I have three sets per bed. One on, one in the wash and a spare set.

squiz81 Thu 09-Feb-17 21:51:25

I have 2 sets for the beds in our house. One on and one in the wash. I have a tumble dryer so if there was ever some sickness related emergency they could be washed and replaced quickly. Spare sheets take up too much space otherwise.
I'd keep one set for guest beds and just wash them before you have guests.

specialsubject Fri 10-Feb-17 14:07:05

3 sets - the spare is in case of a midnight issue when you haven't washed the previous lot.

the rest can go to charity if decent nick or fabric recycling if not. Or if you have any John Lewis Jonelle in non-girly patterns, let me know as they last forever but they don't make decent patterns any more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now