Talk

Advanced search

Smelly Loo

(7 Posts)
ruletheroose Tue 07-Feb-17 20:02:16

Since giving my loo a really good clean there's a smell of stale wee coming from the bowl. Any ideas? I squirts stuff up under the rim but its still there. FIrst time this has happened :/

needmoregin Tue 07-Feb-17 20:11:21

If you have any a few drops of essential oil gets rid of funny smells .I have just put a drop in my en suite loo I can smell it downstairs .

wobblywonderwoman Wed 08-Feb-17 21:42:59

Have you used bleach ?

OneWithTheForce Wed 08-Feb-17 21:51:23

Put bleach in the cistern, let it sit for half an hour then flush through. Are you sure the smell is coming from the bowl? It could be from the seat fixings. Can you remove the seat and clean all the fixings and around the holes too as underneath. Could also be urine soaked in around the floor where the toilet sits.

OneWithTheForce Wed 08-Feb-17 21:52:16

top and underneath

JayneW63 Thu 09-Feb-17 14:49:33

Realy? is there something else going on? I don't use bleach in my loo went chemical free 7 months ago, and I don't have any funny smells.

So I'd look else where, bath mats, lily scented air freshners , once spent a week swearing at the cat until I realised it was a flowering pot plant. leaky seals, I've had to replace the waste pipe at the back of my loo twice in the last five years.

MrsT2007 Sat 11-Feb-17 19:41:43

Check between cistern and bowl.

I discovered the rank pee small was due to my lovely boys who somehow manage to get wee in the minuscule gap. One cleaning wipe and steam clean later, problem solved.

Boys are revolting creatures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now