Talk

Advanced search

Dust buster/cordless vacuum

(11 Posts)
Heirhelp Tue 07-Feb-17 15:21:19

Since my DD has started weaning I have decided I need a dust buster like thing and cordless vacuum. I think you can get one machine that does both jobs. I have a cat if that is relevant. Anybody recommend a vacuum please? TIA

Popskipiekin Tue 07-Feb-17 20:28:05

Bumping for you as I'm interested too!!

Heirhelp Thu 09-Feb-17 15:39:43

Another bump

Popskipiekin Fri 10-Feb-17 10:29:11

Seems nobody can help us OP. Oh well. This always seems to get good reviews but too pricey for me so I'm off to get a cheapy black and decker DustBuster. Happy hunting!

Heirhelp Fri 10-Feb-17 14:36:36

Thanks. I might go for that one if I can hold out for the May bank holiday sales.

JamMakingWannaBe Fri 10-Feb-17 20:23:40

I've just bought a Dyson V6 fluffy for £180 from the Dyson outlet store. It's due for delivery on Tuesday. I'll report back.

blitzgirl Fri 10-Feb-17 20:27:27

I've got the Bosch Athlet and I love it! The only thing I will say is it's a bit heavy but the battery lasts for ages. I had a gtech before not the air ram just a battery powered sweeper which was good for little bits but the Athlet is great, would recommend it

BettyOBarley Fri 10-Feb-17 20:32:14

I've got this one and I love it

www.hoover.co.uk/small-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/cordless-handheld-vacuum-cleaners/sj144dp4-jovis-cordless-handheld-vacuum-cleaner/

Im sure it was advertised as being good with pet hair but I don't have any pets so can't say what it's like for that but it's great for picking up after DD's constant snacking!

TheFairyCaravan Fri 10-Feb-17 20:39:47

We've got this Vax one. We're really pleased with it. We don't have animals that go on the floors/furniture though. It gets my hair, fluff, crumbs etc up really, really well.

JamMakingWannaBe Tue 14-Feb-17 21:43:33

UPDATE: My Dyson Fluffy arrived on Saturday and has been put through it's paces.

It's very light, very maneuverable and the 20 minute run time is fine for our uses.

As with any new toy I like pressing the button just to make it go, "wrroom wrroom"!

It has a soft 'paint roller' type head for hard floors, but also a carpet head, crevis tool, small brush head and upholstery head.

There are only two tool docking points on the wall mount so extra tool storage space is required.

Maybe look at the V6 animal version if you have pets.

Heirhelp Tue 14-Feb-17 21:53:27

Excellent thanks. Cat hair is not a massive issue and we have hard floors so will have a look to see which reconditioned dyson would be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now