Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a Tumble Dryer

(12 Posts)
2tiredtothinkofausername Tue 07-Feb-17 14:47:59

Have finally come to the conclusion that I need a good tumble dryer <looks guiltily at giant washing pile> I would love a Miele but sadly the budget doesn't stretch to it. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced tumble dryer? Is it worth getting a heat pump?

Cheers in advance grin

2tiredtothinkofausername Tue 07-Feb-17 15:27:42

Anybody???

flushingfreda Tue 07-Feb-17 19:29:51

The Bosch condenser dryer I use at work is fab. Not sure of the model but you can't go wrong with a bosch.

2tiredtothinkofausername Tue 07-Feb-17 19:51:52

Thanks was giving up hope!

Monkeybunkey Thu 09-Feb-17 14:13:20

I've got a vented one like this: www.hoover.co.uk/large-appliances/products/18/laundry/20/tumble-dryers/1585/visiontech/. I prefer vented to condenser but it depends whether you've got somewhere to vent it to (mine's in the conservatory and the hose goes either out of the window or the door).

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Thu 09-Feb-17 14:50:57

We have a gas one. White Knight, I think. It was incredibly cheap and seems to cost almost nothing to use too. DH worked hard to persuade me to try it after my Bosch gave up after 8 years. I've had it 3 years and can't believe I resisted it!

FrogFairy Thu 09-Feb-17 19:53:20

Ooh, blatant thread hijack coming up.

Smartarse, does yours gas tumble dryer need to be serviced? I am very tempted but worried about the fitting costs and possible annual service costs.

llangennith Thu 09-Feb-17 19:55:30

Make sure you get one that tumbles both ways (clockwise and anti-clockwise) or larger items like sheets get twisted into a tight knot.

hairymuffet Fri 10-Feb-17 23:30:41

White knight is fab.

AmyInTheBoonies Sat 11-Feb-17 11:47:03

I think it's worth getting heat pump as so cheap to run - they do take a long time to dry things though so if you can't wait 2.5/3+ hours a load then it wouldn't suit you.

I have a Samsung heat pump condenser - expensive at about £650 but no need to plumb in and no dent on my electricity bill.

Olivo Sat 11-Feb-17 11:50:09

We wouldn't ordinarily afford Miele but we got ours in the sale and I am delighted with it. It is a condenser, we've previously had vent ones. I love it, it has an excellent efficiency rating (or whatever they are called!) and has a variety of programmes.

mrbombasticsemifantastic Sat 11-Feb-17 13:32:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now