Talk

Advanced search

Henry hoover?

(15 Posts)
fudgecat Mon 06-Feb-17 11:22:37

Currently have a dyson dc39 that is next to useless, it's bulky, clunky and doesn't pick up fluff off the carpet. Have just seen a good offer on a Henry and am very tempted.. any one have any thoughts on how they compare or any suggestions of a hoover that will actually clean the carpet?

whifflesqueak Mon 06-Feb-17 11:27:28

I work in hospitality and we've always used a Henry. as you can imagine it gets used a lot in some very high traffic areas.

never let us down.

AnitaPallenbergsKnees Mon 06-Feb-17 11:27:36

I recommend the miele cat and dog instead of Henry.
Had loads of vacuums over the years and this one beats them all hands down.

DJKKSlider Mon 06-Feb-17 11:27:55

We swapped henry for a VAX 2in1 wet and dry carpet cleaner.

Henry was good, but I found the bags filled up quickly. Haven't changed the Vax bag for almost a year.
Henry couldn't clean the carpets, Vax does, I can fill it with carpet cleaner and it works a treat.
Also found henry hard to store, the pipe is a PITA. can't get round that unless you go upright or cordless though I guess.

PleaseNotTrump Mon 06-Feb-17 11:30:28

We bought a Henry Extra for building work with the intention of selling when it finished. We've kept it and use it downstairs all the time. I like the long lead and attachments. I prefer the Dyson we have but if we couldn't afford a Dyson I'd go for Henry again. Tried the Henry rather than Henry Extra years ago and didn't like it - the attachments didn't work for us.

AllTheBabies Mon 06-Feb-17 11:31:39

We've got a really old Henry, he's been going for years. Although he pisses me off by seeming to fall over thin air and lie there with his wheels in the air he does pick up a lot of stuff our cordless vax doesn't.

I use the cordless every day and Henry about once a week. I thought we'd throw him out when we got the cordless but I couldn't do it. Probably because of the face.

ReggaeShark Mon 06-Feb-17 11:33:34

I didn't find the Henry very good on carpets. Have a Shark now. It's brilliant.

smilingsarahb Mon 06-Feb-17 11:36:17

Henry is great on my hard floors, less great on carpets and he is difficult to store but, I retired him a couple of months ago for a different hoover that was great on carpets and just this week got him out of retirement as the new one was too temperamental.

rabbit123 Mon 06-Feb-17 12:47:10

If you have all hard floors then Henry is great. If you've got carpets, then you'll need a Henry Xtra as it comes with the turbo brush which is essential for carpets.

Henry can be bulky to store though, so the Miele Cat & Dog or Sebo E1 pet would be better if you're wanting a cylinder

PeachyImpeachment Tue 07-Feb-17 10:14:48

Why is the Miele Car and Dog easier to store rabbit?

ArchNotImpudent Tue 07-Feb-17 10:20:23

I have a Henry and a George (the wet/dry version) and recommend them both - they're the only vacuum cleaners whose performance hasn't deteriorated over the years.

HLBug Tue 07-Feb-17 10:20:45

My DH has had the same Henry since before we met. To him it's practically his first child and heaven only knows what we would do if he broke (10 years + and still going strong!) He is a PITA to store and, I swear, doesn't 'behave' as well for me as he does for DH, but he does do a very good job on the 'big clean' days. He isn't used that much anymore as we have a Dyson cordless one that deals with the day-to-day stuff (which, btw, is bloody amazing).

rabbit123 Tue 07-Feb-17 10:24:17

PeachyImpeachment, the cat & dog is smaller, has a built in compartment to store the tools and 2 clips on either side to store the hose & tubes. Henry doesn't

kinganqueens Tue 07-Feb-17 12:09:56

I've had a henry hoover for years and it's never given me any problems. It's a sturdy piece of kit and well worth the money.

fudgecat Wed 08-Feb-17 21:07:49

I decided to go for the middle cat and dog because of the size, it should be here in a day or so :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now