Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lakeland soup maker

(8 Posts)
DontFundHate Mon 06-Feb-17 01:25:12

Anyone have this know the answer to my question - how does the sauté function work? Can you sauté with the blade in? How do you stir as you sauté? Any tips? Looking into buying it but can't find the answer anywhere! Thanks

DontFundHate Thu 09-Feb-17 17:18:29

Anyone?!

TimTamTerrier Thu 09-Feb-17 17:22:10

I expect that the blades are only sharp in one direction, so they chop by rotating forwards and sauté by rotating backwards slowly so that the blunt edge stirs the onion/veg. That's how my Thermomix used to work.

DontFundHate Thu 09-Feb-17 18:35:56

Ooh thank you. So do you think I could put my veg in, sauté, then press make soup?? A staff member in Lakeland seemed to think it need to take it out and put a new blade in but she wasn't sure. Perhaps I should email them!

Idratherhaveacupoftea Thu 09-Feb-17 18:40:12

I've got the Morphy Richards Sauté & Soup. It's brilliant and half the price of Lakeland one.

DontFundHate Thu 09-Feb-17 19:00:27

Ooh does yours have a keep warm and self clean function too? Can it crush ice? (Will I use any of these extras anyway?!)

Idratherhaveacupoftea Thu 09-Feb-17 20:09:38

No it hasn't got a self clean function and it can't crush ice! It's really easy to clean though,

DontFundHate Thu 09-Feb-17 21:26:59

Thanks smile will have a think about how much those options mean to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now