Talk

Advanced search

Are steam mops the way forward?

(6 Posts)
humanfemale Sun 05-Feb-17 17:26:52

Are they really amazing and worth it, or just a bit of a gimmick? I have polished floorboards throughout my flat. Would be quite good to get rid of the manky old mop and bucket. Opinions would be great!

4yoniD Sun 05-Feb-17 17:29:53

Much, much better than a mop and bucket. Think typewriter vs Laptop.

humanfemale Sun 05-Feb-17 20:14:25

Thanks! Just ordered one grin It's a VAX so hopefully will be good.

user1484830599 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:26:08

I don't think they are that good. you shouldn't use them on laminate, or on stone, or on real wood floors, so what is left? I guess just vinyl and tiles really and even karndean etc say you shoulnd't use them. I find them gimmicky and a waste of money and I'm going to sell mine soon.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sun 05-Feb-17 20:34:53

I love mine. I clean the kitchen and bathroom floors in minutes. But yes my wooden floors are sadly neglected as I can't be arsed mopping them

JayneW63 Mon 06-Feb-17 09:57:57

I've had two, loved both until they broke, plus with hindsight my kitchen tiles have been damaged. The first one just stopped dead, and I blamed my dad and not using filtered water, the second one wouldn't turn off and the whole house was like a sauna when I used it and my Mother's ( in this case third machine, I still blame my dad) sent the nozzle attachment shooting across the room with some force. So while I remember how exciting it was when they were all brand new , I won't have one in the house.
I also don't have a traditional mop and bucket, cause they are filthy buggers, instead I've gone down a slightly different route I use ENJO products. For five months I just used the hand mitt, pain in the bum getting on hands and knees but I needed to prove to myself it was better before splashing out on the floor cleaning system, a sort of swiffer meets mop, meets super dirt removing grease attracting chemical free Austrian so easy, life changing cleaning monster. As you can tell I like it alot. Next month I'm going to by the outside fiber to clean my brick paths, and patio. It has worked out around the same as a basic Karcher system, but the fibers will last three years, and are easily replaced, so I think it's going to be much cheaper in the long run. Google it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now