Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Household management calendar

(5 Posts)
Paffle Sun 05-Feb-17 10:43:53

Hi

I'm looking for a household management book that lists jobs month by month - a bit like a cookbook that has lists of what food is in season. For example:

- January tidy Christmas decs away, make lists for next Christmas; check school uniform and shoes still fit
May - sort summer clothes out, dry clean coats and put away, put thinner duvet on

There would also be space to make welly/monthly reminders e.g.

Clean shoes
Polish silver
Turn mattress
Buy birthday card for XYZ
Remember £1.50 (or other irritating amount) for school
Get windows cleaned

Does anyone know of anything like this please? I'm willing to make my own as a shared doc for the household but it would be good to have a book that lists jobs as a starting point.

Thanks!

SlatternIsTrying Sun 05-Feb-17 10:53:24

I think you would better trying to personalise your own as you go throughout the year. Any book would be very generic. E.g. I have a caravan so there are monthly tasks with that which obviously don't apply to everyone.

Saying that, there are loads of internet sites with monthly tasks/ spring cleaning lists etc - organised mum type sites.

Paffle Sun 05-Feb-17 12:24:20

Thanks slattern , yes I think using a website as a starting point is my best bet. Better go and look at flylady or something I suppose.

1004Rise Sun 05-Feb-17 13:49:49

Try Pinterest, there are lots of organisational templates on there smile

NotAMammy Thu 09-Feb-17 20:59:58

Check out Apartment Therapy too, they did a thing last year that gave you tasks to do every weekend. Some of it was very American, but I've bookmarked it to use as part of a template for this kind of thing. www.apartmenttherapy.com/collection/healthy-happy-home-2016-961
And if you haven't heard of Bullet Journaling before, you might find them of interest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now