Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

£400 kitchen aid mixer = 275 watt. £100 bosch mixer 900 watt?

(11 Posts)
AlwaysCocaCola Sat 04-Feb-17 16:03:20

Is that right?
Smeg mixers are 800watt.

What is kitchen aid so low?
Does it affect power?

Am a little confused.

AlwaysCocaCola Sat 04-Feb-17 17:10:09

X

DesolateWaist Sat 04-Feb-17 17:12:45

The power of a kitchen aid looks low because of the way the motor works. It is a direct drive motor meaning that all the wattage of the motor goes to the beaters rather than getting lost along the way in cogs and the like.

RJnomore1 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:14:02

Yep it's direct drive versus - is it belt drive?

DesolateWaist Sat 04-Feb-17 17:15:43

I think so RJ.

I used to sell Kitchen Aids back in 2000, when they were not common.
When we were trained that is what we were told.

AlwaysCocaCola Sat 04-Feb-17 17:59:49

So it works just as well?

Thanks for explaining!

DesolateWaist Sat 04-Feb-17 18:40:21

It is just as well.

trixymalixy Sun 05-Feb-17 10:16:40

Believe me there is no lack of power in my kitchenaid. I replaced a kenwood chef with a kitchenaid and the difference in speed of beating cream etc is startling. I kept overbeating initially as I was so used to the kenwood chef taking so much longer.

AlfaMummy Sun 05-Feb-17 10:26:22

I have a Kitchen Aid and it's brilliant, very powerful and strong. I would not be without it. I've used it to make dough and it does not struggle. I'm sure there will be YouTube vids showing Kitchen Aids in action if you'd like to see before making your mind up. HTH.

FoxAndTheBound Sun 05-Feb-17 12:06:53

Sorry to barge in but what's a good price for a kitchen aid stand mixer?

DesolateWaist Mon 06-Feb-17 21:17:40

Best place to by one from Fox is Harts of Stur. Great shop that I have got to in person many times and now buy from online. Always cheapest.
If you aren't; fussed about the colour buy the Kitchen Aid Classic. Every slightly smaller bowls but that is about it www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/KitchenAid-Classic-White.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now