Talk

Advanced search

Help - toilet seats stained yellow with bees wax wood varnish

(3 Posts)
minijoeyjojo Wed 01-Feb-17 10:09:55

We have brand new white toilet seats having just finished renovating our house. We noticed yesterday, after our cleaner had been, that all of the toilet seats are now stained yellow. I'm assuming, that she's decided to clean them with wood silk wood polish. I've no idea why, but she's used an entire bottle of the stuff and every surface seems to have it on it! Its a bees wax wood polish, which is presumably why the seat is now yellow. Is there anything I can do to remove it and make it white again?

I have already tried bathroom cleaner, fairy liquid, cif, bar keepers friend and bleach. Help! Its going to cost £££ to replace them all and I'm so bloody annoyed with her.

wowfudge Wed 01-Feb-17 12:03:38

She's cleaned them with bleach is my guess. It has the same effect on upvc window frames - it stains plastics yellow.

JayneW63 Wed 01-Feb-17 16:30:24

Oh ouch.

I've stripped wax from furniture for restoration, and use an ENJO living duo glove. I know what a mouthful, but it sucks the wax right off might be worth a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now