Talk

Advanced search

Weirdest cleaning job

(6 Posts)
PoisonousSmurf Mon 30-Jan-17 10:32:24

I work as a cleaner. Most of my clients want the whole house cleaned from top to bottom. But I also clean for someone who only wants the house dusted and hoovered.
It seems that they love to use talcum powder in almost every room as each week there is a thick film of white dust on everything!
And this includes LEGO models, which must be dusted and cleaned. Takes almost 4 hours of only dusting!
It's driving me bonkers! Would they find anyone else to do this though?

FlyWaxSleepRepeat Mon 30-Jan-17 10:34:30

That is weird! Maybe they have some kind of talc fetish. Sounds like easy money though. I'd put the brush attachment on my hoover and just vacuum everything.

PoisonousSmurf Mon 30-Jan-17 10:38:32

I've thought about that. But LEGO is not good with hoovers lol! It's bad enough having to lift them up to clean. They are more fragile than a glass vase!
Must have counted 300 different models of all different sizes. Yes, easy money but mind numbing.

FlipFlopCottonTail Mon 30-Jan-17 10:40:13

If you came to my house after messy play (sometimes flour) you'd probably be dealing with the same grin

PurpleMcPants Mon 30-Jan-17 10:41:06

How odd! Our cleaner always comments on how dusty our house gets. Not as bad as that though!

QuestionableMouse Mon 30-Jan-17 10:43:45

Get a big soft make-up brush. Dust them with that and hoover where you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now