Talk

Advanced search

Deep fat fryer smell

(10 Posts)
SlaveToDisney Sun 29-Jan-17 21:52:54

Evening all.

I used my deep fat fryer today for the first time to cook some wedges but now i am left with this horrible smell that just seems to be lingering i have cleaned up and put out some scented candles but i can smell it everywhere. How do it get rid of it? I also have open plan downstairs so it smells all downstairs and up the stairs on my landing (luckily all the bedrrom doors were closed). If i can still smell it in the morning it might make me sick!

Thanks in advance to everyone

statetrooperstacey Sun 29-Jan-17 23:45:43

I'm not sure you can actually. It permeates everywhere doesn't it. I have heard good things about prices fresh air candles but not tried them myself.
Can you shut the lid when you are using it?

Mummylin Sun 29-Jan-17 23:57:02

I also hated this and recently got an air fryer. So far I haven't tried many things in it, but I love that you can do chips with no smell !!!

Mummylin Sun 29-Jan-17 23:58:48

Sorry didn't really answer your question. You can buy room perfume which you just spray, I'm not sure wether it will disguise fat smells though.

wowfudge Mon 30-Jan-17 07:06:16

Can you out the fryer on the hob and have the extractor on?

AlanaIsMyAlterEgo Mon 30-Jan-17 07:31:50

Microwave chopped lemons in water.

Sprinkle bicarbonate on the carpets and leave it as long as you can before vacuuming it up.

And air the house as much as possible.

user1477282676 Mon 30-Jan-17 07:34:39

In a pot of water put some some cinamon sticks if you have them...about 3...if not just use powdered...add the following too, lemon, cut two in half and throw those in, a couple of cloves too. Bring it to the boil and then simmer it.

pinkieandperkie Mon 30-Jan-17 07:36:06

I won't use our fryer for this reason. If I have to use it I put it on the hob with fan on and open the kitchen back door whilst cooking. It still stinks. Oh and Prices candles for kitchen smells don't work for this, I've tried.

Ifailed Mon 30-Jan-17 07:47:09

A deep fat fryer doesn't just put out steam, it also releases some oil vapour that will condense onto surfaces, typically higher up. (ever checked out the tops of kitchen units and wondered what that horrible sticky layer came from?)
Candles etc will camouflage the smell, but I'm afraid only a proper clean will get rid of it. In future, always use it under an extractor.

shovetheholly Mon 30-Jan-17 08:47:05

Ventilate - put on your coat and open all the doors and windows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now