Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your kitchen floors?

(10 Posts)
scoobysays Sun 29-Jan-17 18:43:45

Hi, What do you use to deep clean your kitchen floors? Regular mopping doesn't shift the dirt and the only thing that seems to work is down on my hands and knees scrubbing with bleach (which I don't do nearly often enough)!

Heratnumber7 Sun 29-Jan-17 18:47:42

Hold on while I ask DH blush

pocus Sun 29-Jan-17 19:13:33

I would recommend this steam cleaner as an alternative to doing it with a mop and bucket.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 29-Jan-17 19:15:00

Anti bacterial spray first on the floor and a slightly damp E mop during the week then a thorough going over with a traditional mop and bucket once a week.

70ontheinside Sun 29-Jan-17 19:15:46

Hot water with some bio washing powder and a good dash of white vinegar.
Pretty sure I got this from mn, and works beautifully.

OutToGetYou Sun 29-Jan-17 19:16:31

Our cleaner mops with bleach. It;s a wooden floor and I am not keen on her doing this (but not so not-keen as to do it myself!) and it doesn't actually seem to leave it very clean.

So. Don't do that.

ChishandFips33 Sun 05-Feb-17 17:18:29

We have a stone floor and I alternate between using washing powder, soda crystals, washing up liquid and Dettol floor cleaner!

The floor was down when we bought the house and it really needs deep cleaning and re sealing as it never feels clean - one of this years jobs!

grin Hereatnumber7 grin

wobblywonderwoman Tue 07-Feb-17 19:49:52

I would imagine its the type of flooring you have. My last house never looked right unless I scrubbed with bleach

We have tiles now and I was with a solution of washing powder, boiling hot water and zoflora

squiz81 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:17:41

I regularly steam mop. The best clean comes from when I get down and scrub though. Our kitchen isn't huge, but I still don't do it as often as I should. Normally because children are in the way!
We have cream grout and it was filthy, but I made a paste of bicarb and water and scrubbed it into the grout with a toothbrush and it worked miracles!!

fortitude9 Tue 07-Feb-17 22:21:56

Sweep with broom, then dustpan and broom, then Hoover, then boiling water and floor cleaner in bucket and mop.

My cleaner is supposed to do it once a week but I end up doing it because I'm slightly OCD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now