Talk

Advanced search

How many clothes can you actually Kondo?

(7 Posts)
beforeihit30 Sun 29-Jan-17 11:44:12

I know there were loads of Kondo threads but they get very big and I lost track blush

I'm just wondering for those of you have done it / keep it up, how many clothes do you find you can really store in drawers? I'm referring to types of clothes, not actual quantity.

For instance, I'm thinking that I can fold most clothes, but suits and smart skirts / dresses I can't envisage folding, same with dress shirts. I can imagine folding more casual shirts.

I'm guessing the way they're folded reduces creasing likelihood?

I would like to have fewer things hanging and use drawers more as I prefer it, but slightly nervous I'll have really creased tops! Do you have to iron out post-fold or are they okay (obviously if they weren't creased pre-fold)?

lljkk Sun 29-Jan-17 12:11:16

Post-Kondo wardrobes seem to show plenty of hanging items.
Plenty of space between them, too! But not just folded items.

beforeihit30 Sun 29-Jan-17 14:57:47

I've got into the habit of hanging almost everything grin Cardis, tops etc, because I feel like they get less creased... but apart from accepting I'm being weird, jus keep wondering if different folding methods will help me! I'm a bit rubbish at storing things in drawers but Kondo looks like a more sensible approach, but don't know if it evades the creasing issue.

ChishandFips33 Sun 29-Jan-17 17:45:45

In drawers I have the basics that I couldn't forget to wear if that makes sense - everything else I like hung up to remind me what I have/create new outfits
I iron the outfit I need as I find even when hung up, it still appears creased

In drawers
Socks, tights and underwear
Jeggings/jeans
Vest tops
T shirts
Long sleeved tops
Seasonal stuff like bikinis/Christmas jumpers etc
Trousers not worn as often

Most of DH's clothes are in drawers or boxes within drawers - I found his t shirts are held better in a box (IKEA Samla hold about 8-10 depending on thickness) and the standing up method is a god send because he always seemed to want to wear the one near the bottom previously hmm

ChipmunkSundays Mon 30-Jan-17 15:07:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChipmunkSundays Mon 30-Jan-17 15:08:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

beforeihit30 Mon 30-Jan-17 23:07:23

Thanks, I think the vertical thing will be really helpful, and then just prepping as needed. I don't iron my clothes before hanging anyway so won't be a huge difference! But I think I have things hanging that don't need to hang and easier to see if they were in drawers vertical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now