Talk

Advanced search

Housework blitz tomorrow- anyone with me?

(13 Posts)
thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:04:57

Due to chicken pox x 2, then coughs and colds, I haven't done more than waft a cloth about since Christmas. The place is filthy. So tomorrow, kids are out at school and the baby is going to MIL's. I'm blitzing this house.

Plan of action-
At least 3 loads of washing
Change the beds
Vacuum and mop floors downstairs
Bathroom and downstairs loo- full on clean plus bleach, plus sort out mouldy patches round the window
Put all the miscellaneous crap away
Windows (inside) plus ring a window cleaner to do outsides
Kids rooms- tidy and vacuum
Put away all the clean clothes that are lying in piles in everyone's rooms
Wipe kitchen cupboard fronts, fridge and microwave.

Phew. Sounds like a lot written down but it desperately needs doing. I'm thinking 5 solid hours should do it!!

LifeBeginsNow Thu 26-Jan-17 20:08:00

I love making a plan like this and cracking on with the housework. You'll feel amazing when it's done but probably in need of a takeaway rather than cooking!

canyou Thu 26-Jan-17 20:43:51

I am with you, everyone is out tomorrow. I will start at the top and work down. Only thing I need to for to night is sort washing so DP can take to laundrette tomorrow as so wet here it has reached mountain height. I have sorted plastic lunch containers but I need DP to go to work so I can dump the ones without lids.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 26-Jan-17 20:53:18

I binned all our Tupperware when we moved, bought each person one different coloured sandwich box (the nice kind with the attached lid) and any food storage we do now is in those foil containers from the £1 shop. So much less hassle!

canyou Thu 26-Jan-17 21:58:17

The DC do have their own box but the rest is for DP he often needs to take 24/36 hrs worth of food in microwaveable containers. I have it down to 8 in different sizes and all leak proof😀 DC water bottles and 2 for DP. 2 travel mugs. That should dohmm
Drain clearer has been put down the drain and the oven has been sprayed and left to be washed out tomorrow.

OneWithTheForce Thu 26-Jan-17 22:01:57

I'm in. I finish work at 1.30 tomorrow, collect DC at 2. I'm allowing us an hour to get in, get changed, get a snack and a chat etc. So starting at 3. Only doing 2 hours as it's Friday and I'm wrecked already! But it will be 2 focussed hours.

I need to hoover and mop upstairs and downstairs.
Dust living room.
Clean d/S loo, bathroom, and ensuite.
Empty bins.
Shift crap and clutter from various hotspots.
Try and sort my dressing table.
Hang a wash load and put one away.

canyou Fri 27-Jan-17 08:19:06

Ok bins emptied,
dishwasher emptied and filled.
One wash hanging up, one load gone with DP and one ready to go on tonight
Excess plastic lunch boxes dumped
I also dumped manky /chipped ware as I emtied/filled dishwasher.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 09:18:40

I've stripped the beds before school and put a big load of whites in at 60*. Did the dishwasher last night so that needs emptied and I've gone round the house collecting cups etc. I'm just waiting for ds to be collected before I start properly.

Wondering which is the most effective method- room at a time, or do all vacuuming, then all dusting etc..... I think room at a time, just in case I get sidetracked, then st least some rooms will be properly done! Doubting myself already .....!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 12:58:59

Ok, stopping for a cup of tea and a sandwich. So far I've done 3 loads of washing (slightly over estimated this as I've run out of airer space now!), upstairs bathroom, 2 x ds rooms (tidy, washing away, Hoover) , our room is half done - will need to remake bed etc, hoovered the landing. After lunch I'm sweeping then vacuuming the floors (seems to take forever) and might mop too if they look grubby although my steam mop is refusing to cooperate. Not so keen on the traditional mop and bucket method. Then blitz the kitchen and utility.

CheshireChat Fri 27-Jan-17 14:47:01

I was planning on having a good clearout as we've moving in two weeks, but I've come down with a nasty cold and I'm simply focusing on getting through the day with a 2 year old.

I've put a wash on, dishwasher was emptied and refilled and I will have to unload the dryer so I can put the aforementioned wash in.

It's going to be a long day...

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 27-Jan-17 14:52:09

Oh I soo need this thread, had to take a week off to use holiday up. Was going to do loads but shocker. I haven't. Tomorrow I will do it.
One thing that was good tho, I bought the VAX window cleaner thing from B&M half price £25 and have cleaned the windows and thinking I can do cupboard doors with it and the shower and probably floors too.

Sweets101 Fri 27-Jan-17 16:10:50

I need to do this. But 3 poorly children and a toddler means i have not got a thing done today!
I seem to be lacking in ANY motivation. So i've done one load of washing thats still sat in the machine and emailed a cleaning company blush
Somebody give me a kick up the bum!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 27-Jan-17 16:48:40

Ooooo that vax thing sounds good. I wonder if you could even do tiled floors with it? Our whole house is tiled and the streaky mop kills me.

Just popped out with dd for school shoes, just the kitchen to finish when we get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now