Talk

Advanced search

Shower screen never totally clean - help!!

(10 Posts)
karen898 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:47:04

However much I clean my shower screen, and regardless of what I use, there are always smears and streaks on it. I don't live in an area with hard water so that isn't the problem.

Anyone got a foolproof method for getting it clean? Thanks

Manumission Wed 25-Jan-17 18:48:23

Do you use the after-shower spray that prevents most of the watermarking in the first place?

Fabulous invention.

PrettyDarnQuick Wed 25-Jan-17 18:50:12

Watching with interest!

Gaaaah Wed 25-Jan-17 18:58:27

This. Originally designed for cars but does wonders in the house too. Lasts ages as well because a little goes a long way.

www.qvcuk.com/qvc.product.805687.html?sc=Froogle&ref=fgl&source=froogle&cm_mmc=PPCSHOPPING-_-Google-_-Shopping-_-GardenLeisure&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=base&gclid=CK78mMf83dECFaYy0wod4VgCTw

kazjj Wed 25-Jan-17 20:50:55

I know the feeling whever i clean my shower screen i was always left with streaky marks which annoyed the hell outta me. I use methods shower surface spray and to finish it off i use a squeegee This leaves my shower screen sparkly clean:-)

friendlyflicka Wed 25-Jan-17 20:54:04

Viakal and then rinse off with the shower

PovertyJetset Wed 25-Jan-17 20:54:15

My shower screen has lots of speckled water marks all over it and nothing seems to shift them completely.... has anyone got a miracle cure? X

LockieS Wed 25-Jan-17 20:56:14

I clean for a family who are obsessed with their shower screens being clean and spotless...but they refuse to clean in between visits (once a week)

When I get there they are all watermarked. This is what I do

Clean with method shower spray, hot water rinse
Limescale spray (C bang) scrub with no marking scrubber, rinse
Dry with old soft towel
Windowlene and newspaper to buff

It's a PITA and would be a lot easier if they just sprayed between visits. I would never bother and don't bother doing it to my own shower!

SparklingZebra Wed 25-Jan-17 21:26:48

Our shower screen is a PITA to clean and the only thing I can get the water marks off is toilet cleaner (lime scale remover) I pour it along the top and wipe in with a tissue. Leave for 10 mins and rinse off and buff with a micro fibre cloth. I have previously tried all the fancy shower cleaners and nothing touches it

Mcchickenbb41 Thu 26-Jan-17 07:33:53

Ok once a week I use cbang. Leave it to soak in for a few mins. Then give it a bit of a scrub, shower off. Then I wipe of excess water with one of those blade things ( sorry can't think of proper name ) then clean with window cleaner. Looks lovely. We live in a very hard water area. Toyed with the idea of having a water softener installed but was quite pricey. Shower screen is wiped down after every shower takes seconds to do. If it's not done (dh) it looks terrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now