Talk

Advanced search

Steam Generator Iron - help need me decide

(7 Posts)
user1485089900 Tue 24-Jan-17 19:13:28

between either Tefal or Philips Perfect Care, just cannot decide which one to go with. Or is there another one you would recommend.

verityl Tue 24-Jan-17 19:46:39

I've got the Philips Pefect Care and it's great. Somehow, they have designed it so it doesn't have a separate generator tank (on the inside of the base) , so it is much much lighter than the previous Bosch and Philips Steam Generator irons I have had.

e1y1 Tue 24-Jan-17 23:51:44

I did testing for the Philips Perfect Care, and I actually wasn't that enthused (the older Philips I had was much better).

It is very, very light though.

I had a Bosch and that was good. Heard good things about Tefals too.

Alwayscheerful Wed 25-Jan-17 17:02:19

I have tried Phillips but prefer Bosch, I have two, one upstairs and one down stairs, you would think I like ironing😃

bouncydog Fri 27-Jan-17 20:09:14

I've had tefals for years and they are amazing! Jeans are one swipe up and down each leg - no need to turn them over and super King cotton duvet covers take about 4-5 mins. Yes they are heavy and I sit mine on the worktop rather than the ironing board but well worth the money imo.

FrostNixon Sun 29-Jan-17 12:00:19

Have had these irons for over a decade now.

Current model is a Bosch. Well built, easy and powerful.

MazDazzle Sun 29-Jan-17 12:09:17

I have had a Philips Perfect Care for 5 years.

I wouldn't be without it and their customer service is excellent.

It broke twice (once after I dropped it) and both times Philips collected it from my house, repaired it and returned it. The first time it was free, the second time it was £50. Both times it was actually outwith the warranty period, so they were under no obligation to fix it. It's as good as new now.

For that reason alone, I'd go with Philips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now